General Chat

Stevo985

On a real downer as i'm just back from holiday in Amadores Gran Canaria so thought i'd share a few photos of the view from the balcony of my apartment and the general area. Just beautiful.

x0ta.jpg

pt5k.jpg

dewv.jpg

ubru.jpg

First time i have stayed in this part of Gran Canaria. So quiet, peaceful and just what the doctor ordered for two weeks. Photos were taken with my new HTC One.

Edited by Morpheus

On a real downer as i'm just back from holiday in Amadores Gran Canaria so thought i'd share a few photos of the view from the balcony of my apartment and the general area. Just beautiful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First time i have stayed in this part of Gran Canaria. So quiet, peaceful and just what the doctor ordered for two weeks. Photos were taken with my new HTC One.

So your post could have gone in the photography thread, the travel thread or the phone thread but you thought you'd stick them in here :)

p.s does look nice

Me and the future Mrs Paddywhack have been looking at wedding venues recently. We found one that she loved and we think we're going to go for, but there's just one thing niggling me about it; they didn't have lager on tap.

Think I'm okay to tell her I don't want to get married there because they don't have lager on tap?

Edited by Paddywhack

Me and the future Mrs Paddywhack have been looking at wedding venues recently. We found one that she loved and we think we're going to go for, but there's just one thing niggling me about it; they didn't have lager on tap.

Think I'm okay to tell her I don't want to get married there because they don't have lager on tap?

If you are getting married I would hope you could discuss such things!

Paddywhack, on 25 Sept 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Oooh, I didn't even think about that, sounds good.

She can sort out the photographer, flowers, caterers, DJ and all that, I'll sort out the beer.

Cheers!  :cheers:

I went to a wedding where they did that  .. suffice to say they weren't particularly quick on the pouring front so make sure they have more than 1 tap and 1 staff member  ..they just couldn't cope with the stampede to the bar after the boring bits like the speech

I had to nip around the corner for the groom and buy a few crates whilst they sorted the backlog  ....

I had to nip around the corner for the groom and buy a few crates whilst they sorted the backlog  ....

Nothing to do with you but something similar happened at a wedding I was once at and ties in with the thread. 

This bloke did exactly as you did but wouldn't shut the **** up about it.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, it's nothing, no no you don't owe me anything"

An hour later...

"Yeah, I saved the day at the bar, but hey that's what I'm here for, just forget about it, it had to be done"

2 hours later...

"There's probably none of that beer, I nipped to the supermarket for is there? Ha Ha yeah looks like I popped up at the right time..."

Didn't know the bloke...he was from the 'other side' but man, I would have started a wedding fight with him.

• Like 2

My housemate's toilet is broken. I, the landlord, have to replace the mechanism in the flush. It's constantly running and in order to flush it, you need to push down on the stopper so the tank can fill up for a proper flush. The problem has worsened over the past couple of weeks, which I don't really understand. Hopefully it's just the stopper that has gone gammy, rather than the chicken bone mechanism that measures the water level.. Any ideas of what might be wrong, before I end up with poo on my hands?

My housemate's toilet is broken. I, the landlord, have to replace the mechanism in the flush. It's constantly running and in order to flush it, you need to push down on the stopper so the tank can fill up for a proper flush. The problem has worsened over the past couple of weeks, which I don't really understand. Hopefully it's just the stopper that has gone gammy, rather than the chicken bone mechanism that measures the water level.. Any ideas of what might be wrong, before I end up with poo on my hands?

So that's why he pisses the bed.

• Like 1

Sounds like a job for someone...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Ooh, toilet repairs are tricky business, what looks like a cheap repair job can escalate quickly as you could end up contaminating the water supply to the boiler, you usually need to rip out all the plumbing and have it redone, I can give you a quote if you like, I am a builder so I know my stuff*

*I don't have much experience with plumbing, all work undertaken by unskilled but enthusiastic person

Â