Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 days to go and counting, will the team suffer a dip in form as Redknapp's trial will have him in the papers for all the wrong reasons? Is this where Spuds plans go wrong? Do they have a back up plan if candle face is jailed (which he surely must be if found guilty)?

He will not be found guilty

Really? Why do you think that Richard? I know it's kinda in your field of expertise but HMRC rarely prosecute without a watertight case or is that not the case anymore?

exactly, you can get away with many many things with this countrys soft justice system, but cheating HMRC is something they arent to fond of. there must be substantial evidence for the tax man to take this to court after an investigation thats lasted over 2 years.

My conspiracy theory was his recent heart scare was all part of te plan to keep him out of prison ... Your honour my client has recent heart problems and prison could kill him etc etc

He will not be found guilty

Really? Why do you think that Richard? I know it's kinda in your field of expertise but HMRC rarely prosecute without a watertight case or is that not the case anymore?

exactly, you can get away with many many things with this countrys soft justice system, but cheating HMRC is something they arent to fond of. there must be substantial evidence for the tax man to take this to court after an investigation thats lasted over 2 years.

I quite often get to see HMRC court cases through work. He won't go to prison. He can pay a huge fine (assuming he is convicted). There is no benefit to locking him up, so they won't. It will be very funny if he does get time.... but not in the public interest.

My guess..... big fine, some sort of community punishment, and costs to HMRC. He will be in the dugout that weekend. His health will only prevent him doing unpaid work, its not a factor in deciding on a custodial sentence.

My guess..... big fine, some sort of community punishment, and costs to HMRC.

Community punishment? Can't wait to see 'Awwy in a luminous orange overall sweeping excrement away with a broom....

We'll probably end up buying it off him...

:D Brilliant

My guess..... big fine, some sort of community punishment, and costs to HMRC.

Community punishment? Can't wait to see 'Awwy in a luminous orange overall sweeping excrement away with a broom....

We'll probably end up buying it off him...

:crylaugh:

Â