Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

He said yesterday that he never complains about officials, i beg to differ

“I never criticise referees. I never go in there afterwards and say the referee cost us a game. They all moan about referees, these managers. I don’t ever do it," said the Tottenham manager.

Never say never?

"I just question the referee’s overall performance which I thought was inept. Every game I see this season has seven or eight bookings. I think it’s frightening."

On Andy D’Urso’s performance at Wolves in February 2008

"I never walk in after games and complain about a referee but this guy is scary. He’s a poor referee and I’ve seen him make a mess of so many games. He’s really not good enough."

On Steve Tanner’s display in a 2-0 defeat at West Brom in December 2008

"He’s got a hand on the ball – it was a terrible decision. It was a gift that United didn’t deserve and it put them back in the game. Without that bit of help from the ref, I don’t think United would have come back."

On Howard Webb, for giving Manchester United a controversial penalty at Old Trafford in April 2009

"Lying Tax diving clearing in the woods" WalesAvfc December 2011

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry doesnt like criticism

Harry Redknapp risks disciplinary action from Uefa after making an angry gesture towards opposing fans as Tottenham Hotspur exited the Europa League.

Redknapp was the target of taunting from a section of Shamrock Rovers supporters throughout his team's 4-0 win in Dublin. The chants centred on the manager's trial next month on charges of cheating the public revenue – charges he vigorously denies – and Redknapp was so riled that midway through the second half he responded with what appeared to be an "up-yours" gesture that brought even more raucous denunciationfrom the fans.

Tottenham's manager, however, denied the gesture was obscene and sought to make light of the exchange. "I didn't make any obscene gesture," he said. "I've spent enough time in Ireland over the years to know what fantastic people live here – there's nowhere nicer in the world. I'm not just saying that because I'm here.

"If you go and meet them afterwards they are probably lovely people. But when you get people together, sometimes they shout a load of nonsense. That's football, that's life; I don't hold any grudges."

It remains to be seen whether Uefa will take a similarly nonchalant view of an exchange which leaves Redknapp at risk of disciplinary action for the second time in less than a week. He received a letter from the Football Association censuring him for comments he made about the referee Chris Foy after Tottenham's Premier League defeat at Stoke City on Sunday.

Interaction with the crowd was not the only source of frustration for Redknapp on a night when his team cruised to victory over the Irish champions but were eliminated from the Europa League owing to results elsewhere.

Rubin Kazan and Paok Salonika, who each beat Spurs in the previous two European games, qualified at their expense. Although Redknapp never fielded his strongest side in the competition and made it clear that the Premier League is his priority, he maintained that he had expected his team to go through and was disappointed at being eliminated. He laid the blame on "a bad 15 minutes" in the 2-1 home defeat by Paok last month rather than his own team selection.

"I was desperate to stay in it," he said. "We just had a bad 15 minutes against the Greeks. Everything had gone to plan until then and it was a big upset to lose at home. [Our elimination] had nothing to do with team selection – yes, I played a couple of youngsters but alongside seven or eight full internationals. We're out, but it's not through lack of effort

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/15/harry-redknapp-taunts-tottenham-hotspur

I dont get why the footballing bodies seem the need to charge managers and players after a gesture such as the middle finger or along them lines, they are getting stick ALL game at near enough every game, something is bound to crack sooner or later. Also dont get why the fans react so badly when it does happen, again due to giving stick throughout the whole game. Some chants ive heard directed at managers/players warrant a comeback or would hit a nerve, but dont.

Spurs said they cant sign him due to wages and Adebayor wont drop as a majority of his wages go to a charity in Africa.

Think Modric will stay considering Spurs are a better team than Chelsea at the moment

I thought he might get into trouble for his none too subtle suggestion that the other game in the group that finished as a draw was a fix.

He was just bitter nobody shared the tip with him or members of his family, those Redknapp's love a punt you know.

Would have come in handy at this time of year court cases can be expensive not to mention the old January headache of a big tax bill.

My guess is he will stay until at least the end of the season and then make his decision based on whether they have qualified for champions league or not. Whether they would let him go will be a different matter.

The wages he'll get very much depend of CL qualification also. Last season our wages jumped from around £60 million to £90 million, as players get a big increase/bouns if we play in the CL.

Does any one think they will keep Modric..?

Shorely Chelsea win come in for him in the January transfer window.

Did he not say he wanted to leave for them...?

There is zero chance that Modric will leave in January. Even if Modric again agitated for such a move - which he won't - he wouldn't be sold.

Spurs are in 3rd place, 2 points ahead of Chelsea, with a game in hand. The club is not going to sell their best player mid-season when there is so much to play for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was absolutely gobsmacked today to see Harry talking about the lad Samba from Blackburn and saying how he is a player he really admires. It is totally out of character, not like Harry at all to talk so openly about another club's player that he may be interested in.

I was quite shocked

yeah but if he uses the term "triffic" it doesnt count as tapping up

no doubt he will argue that someone asked the question and onest arry answered it onestly, i just hope i get to see the interview where he turns round and says "nah mate he's fackin gash"

werent they linked to collins at the weekend...

Â