How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

The_Rev

How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-12
    • more than 12
    • Impossible. No amount of bears could ever take out a T Rex.

Bears are solid and a T-rex can't play the piano.
I think Marc Bolan could bang out a few chords.

And just like George of the Jungle, he should have watched out for that tree!

:lol: this deserves to be in the joke thread ha

So if a T-rex tries to swallow a Bear and chokes does that single Bear win?

I think that would require a replay...

Trouble is, they're both dead.

I suggest one point each for the draw and cancel their fixtures against all the other well-hard creatures for the rest of the season.

Two extra creatures promoted from the lower league next season.

Sorted.

Ah, but the question isnt "who would win a fight between a bear and a T Rex?" its "How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?"

If a T Rex chokes on the only bear that is in front of it while trying to swallow it, then the answer is one bear. The bear is simply collateral damage.

My concern with the one bear strategy is that although the T Rex was quite a stupid animal, it wasnt stupid enough not to know it had to chew its food before swallowing. So yes, one bear could kill a T Rex (same as if you dropped a bear out of a hot air balloon and it landed on the T Rex at its terminal velocity) but its a high risk strategy.

Im more interested in how many bears you would need for a guaranteed kill.

Do you think a bear is 3 times as small as King Kong? Because King Kong killed 3 T-Rexs. So if he can do that, one bear being a third his size should be able to take out a third of the T-Rexs, i.e. one.

Ergo, one bear would kill a T-rex.

• 5 months later...

The really important question is whether a person could beat a T Rex in arm wrestling.

Popular Science"]

“First, we’re assuming that the T. rex won’t just eat the person, right?” asks Jack Conrad, a vertebrate paleontologist at the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Right. This is a sanctioned match, and killing your opponent is strictly against the rules. Who's coming out on top?

“Doesn’t matter,” Conrad says. “There’s no chance that any human alive could win.” The T. rex’s arms might have looked wimpy, but they were extremely strong. Each was about three feet long and, based on the size of the arm bones and analysis of the spots where muscle attached to the bone, they were jacked. “The bicep alone—and this is a conservative estimate—could curl 430 pounds,” Conrad says. Even the beefiest humans max out at around an embarrassing 260 pounds.

Surely an Over the Top–era Sylvester Stallone would put up a good fight? “Not even Lou Ferrigno in his prime would stand a chance,” Conrad says. “They didn’t just have big biceps. Their chest and shoulder muscles were huge too. They had huge arms and shoulders—bigger than my leg. They had the strength to rip a human’s arm right out of its socket.”

There is a chance, however, that your competition might not be able to put all that beefy muscle to use. There are dozens of hypotheses about what the T. rex used its arms for, Conrad explains, but the ones taken most seriously involve pushing itself up if it was lying on its belly, tossing big chunks of meat into its mouth, or holding onto females during what scientists suspect was a very vigorous mating routine. These ideas are favored because such actions required Barbie doll–like up-and-down motions of the arm, and fossil evidence indicates that the dino king was incapable of rotating or twisting its arms. “The T. rex probably couldn’t have done the arm-wrestling move,” Conrad says. “So maybe you could get him on a technicality.”

My theory is you could do it with 5 Polar Bears. Maybe you would want 7 bears in your team in case the first part of the plan goes tits up.

You would need at least one bear to sacrifice, it could rush the T Rex and get eaten, but while its getting eaten your other bears would flank the T Rex and push it over. I think 4 bears could push a T Rex over, bears are pretty strong. Especially if the bears are pissed off at seeing their mate die.

Once the T Rex is on the deck then I dont think it would be much of a fight. Though the backup of having 7 bears so you could send at least two suicide bears to the T Rex head on might be a better idea.

:lol:

Â