How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

The_Rev

How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-12
    • more than 12
    • Impossible. No amount of bears could ever take out a T Rex.

Once the T Rex is on the deck then I dont think it would be much of a fight

but according to sources the way to avoid serious injury from a bear attack is to lay still and play dead

so what if the T-rex had a cunning plan and played dead ..as the bears walked away to find picnic baskets or whatever it is bears do , the t-rex could then get up in it's own time and take them unawares

I'm sticking with my original answer Nays. It's 47. I just think your strategy is too risky. Although I do agree with:

Nayson says: (19:41:05)

I dont think a T Rex has the greatest turning circle

But a T Rex is over 60 foot tall with teeth like daggers. You'd need so many bears to overcome the Rex, that geting enough bears without them fighting each other over the ring territory would be difficult. A t rex head is half the size of a total bear....

I mean, you used to see b/w films of T rex's taking on a tricerotops, which had 3 horns and armour plate, and it was often a draw....and a Triceratops was a fair bit bigger than the average bear.

I fearyou are falling ito the trap of considering the teeth alone - a T rex forelimbs were still powerful with claw like pincers, and the mighty tail would bowl over several bears at one.

I still think a hamster lizard test in controlled conditions as previosuly postulated is the way togo, but remember, bears won't run on a wheel all night, and a T rex won't stick to the ceiling.

Once the T Rex is on the deck then I dont think it would be much of a fight

but according to sources the way to avoid serious injury from a bear attack is to lay still and play dead

so what if the T-rex had a cunning plan and played dead ..as the bears walked away to find picnic baskets or whatever it is bears do , the t-rex could then get up in it's own time and take them unawares

True, but T Rex's were reputedly not the smartest of animals. I also think a T Rex would want to go down fighting.

my post from the other thread.

6 Polar Bears imo, it'll be messy but 6 should be able to do the job. Polar bears for their sheer size, power and speed, I'm assuming all 6 attacked the dino at once. With probably 3 bears dying in the process.

blood.jpg

Oh and I fancy at least 25,000 koala bears.

koala%20bear.jpg

on the basis of lack of thumbs though , not lack of intelligence ??

btw is one of the parties allowed to run away and live to fight another day or is it a cage fight to the death ?

With the size of the tail, legs, and jaws it would be difficult to see a bear getting close without being bitten in 2, or swiped away.

I'd also assume that a T-Rex has very tough skin.

I voted impossible although if you had an endless supply of bears the T-Rex might get tired and let it's guard down.

on the basis of lack of thumbs though , not lack of intelligence ??

btw is one of the parties allowed to run away and live to fight another day or is it a cage fight to the death ?

Lack of thumbs is merely the first hurdle. I dont think a bear would be smart enough to figure out how to use a catapult either. I also think firing yourself out of a catapult at a T Rex would be counter productive, if you miss then you are probably nursing several broken bones. Whoever introduced the concept of catapults into the fight was speaking only for themselves.

And it is a fight to the death, yes.

Â