How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

The_Rev

How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-12
    • more than 12
    • Impossible. No amount of bears could ever take out a T Rex.

800px-Largesttheropods.svg.png

FWIW I just don't get how they can conclude a T-REX had the running style it had. Just look at this picture;

800px-Trexsidec.jpg

How can it keep balance? It's quite clear that 70%+ of its mass is leaning forward. No wonder they are extinct. A single bear would push that dino face down.

Answer: 1 Bear.

I think that big tail acted as a counterweight. Much like the one added to the back of an M4 Sherman Firefly turret to allow for the weight of the long 17 pounder:

firefly-turret.jpg

there isnt much difference between a pack of bears and a velociraptors imo, both would dismantle a t-rex in numbers

If you believe the lying films then yes maybe.

Raptor

The Velociraptors in the Jurassic Park movies were actually Deinonychus. They changed the name from memory, I think partly because it sounded cooler and partly because the Velociraptor had just been discovered around the same time and was causing a lot of excitement.

Deinonychus

Yes true, but they were quite large even for Deinonychus.

Cheers for this. I knew there was something fishy about those Velocoraptors. I remember telling people at primary school that they didn't exist like they did in Jurassic Park and no one would believe me. I now feel vinidicated in my incredulity.

This thread is brilliant by the way, i've managed to waste half an hour at work chuckling along to this profound debate.

On the rats eating the cat i like this, not the fact that someone fed the cat to the rats, that isn't natural but i like it when predators get taken out by the hunted, like when wilderbeast turn on lions.

Since when did the Brontosaurus stop existing? I thought he was the chap with the big lump on his head, like an Appatasaurus but with a big head?

8-12 bears by the way and around 30 welterweight boxers.

Since when did the Brontosaurus stop existing? I thought he was the chap with the big lump on his head, like an Appatasaurus but with a big head?

They go by Apatosaurus now... apparently it's more PC.

I don’t want to say impossible, as it probably could be done, but you’d need at least a platoon of bears to swarm him of all differenty types.

I’m not convinced that the bears could do that much damage to the T-Rex’s hide, or get close enough to do it, as he’s just going to steam them at the start and knock them flying, which will put a load out of action for a start.

I suppose the bears could counter this by having a loose understanding of Rugby Union, with Grizzlies propping and Polar bears in the second row, they could be able to take the impact. But even then, the T-Rex is the size of a bus and can probably go as fast as the average number 9, so that’s a lot of blunt force trauma and the whole line of props and second row are probably going to have their necks broken.

Still, a rolling maul might force the T-Rex back, so some smaller and quicker, but still lairy black bears could flank him and distract him, allowing a Grizzly shcok bears to start giving his canister a good shoeing. The problem is, the T-Rex skull is so massive, I’m not sure if they’d be able to do enough damage before he turned round and started biting the **** out of them.

Surrounding him might be a good idea, but you have to remember that any flanking manoeuvre is fraught with difficulties of his tail giving them a cheeky swish that would do some serious damage itself.

Maybe a pack of ninja style pandas could use their skills to sneak up on him while he’s battling the big bears and take out his eyes. That would be a big disadvantage. But then again, his sense of smell is pretty good, so he might just start head butting the bears and wind milling his tail about.

Tough job on for the bears if you ask me.

Â