How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

The_Rev

How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-12
    • more than 12
    • Impossible. No amount of bears could ever take out a T Rex.

A T Rex weighs about 12000 pounds. A fully grown bear, maybe 1500. I think that the bears that stay away from the jaws and attack the legs would be able to take the T Rex down easily. Im still arguing for 5-7 bears.

i can see where you are coming from with the 7 bears angle but are you assuming the bears would mount a co-ordinated attack ... is there any evidence that would be the case ?

The t-rex was a predator / scavenger ..with those claws and teeth i reckon it knew how to fight dirty ...from scans they have carried out of a t-rex it had a fairly good brain for a dino ... not in the cerebrum sense but it's brain did give it a huge advantage in terms of sight and balance... i might come down from impossible to "more than 12" but still think it would need awar of bear attrition

I think you'd need at least 20 boxers to take out a polar bear, maybe more. One swipe of their claws would tear someone in half instantly. I think the only chance the boxers would stand would be if they used Ricky Hatton's thighbone as an impromptu club. I know you stated no weapons, but I feel using the remnants of dead combatants is within the spirit of the competition. It would also show whether the ingenuity of man is a match for the sheer brute force of nature.

Assuming that when you say monkey-dogs you are meaning a dog with the head of a monkey, and then when you say dog-monkeys you refer to a primate with a canine noggin. I postulate that one would only require...

1 Monkey-Dog to take out the Dog-Monkey

and 4 Dog-Monkeys to take out a single Monkey-Dog

I reckon that it would only take a few beers for me to knock out a T Rex. If it was really out of order, I'd kill the scaly word removed without the aid of any beers.

EDIT - Oh bears!?! (take me back to Provincetown)

I think you'd need at least 20 boxers to take out a polar bear, maybe more. One swipe of their claws would tear someone in half instantly. I think the only chance the boxers would stand would be if they used Ricky Hatton's thighbone as an impromptu club. I know you stated no weapons, but I feel using the remnants of dead combatants is within the spirit of the competition. It would also show whether the ingenuity of man is a match for the sheer brute force of nature.

Agreed.

The only rule is that there can be no weapons bought into the ring before the first bell. If the dismembered corpse of one of the boxers can be used as a makeshift weapon, then I think that is acceptable. I think that you would need considerably more boxers to take out a bear than bears to take out a T Rex. I guess the boxers, being human, are more likely to panic when things are going badly too. Especially if their wives and parents were watching the fight.

And @ drstupid. Yes, a monkey-dog is a monkey with the head (and brain) of a dog, and a dog-monkey is a dog with the head (and brain) of a monkey. In the interests of fairness then it is assumed that both monkeys and dogs are of the same breed.

Its a classic brains vs brawn fight. The dog-monkey clearly has the intelligence going into the fight, but I dont think the intelligence will overcome the physical disadvantages it clearly is giving up to the monkey-dog.

And @ drstupid. Yes, a monkey-dog is a monkey with the head (and brain) of a dog, and a dog-monkey is a dog with the head (and brain) of a monkey. In the interests of fairness then it is assumed that both monkeys and dogs are of the same breed.

Its a classic brains vs brawn fight. The dog-monkey clearly has the intelligence going into the fight, but I dont think the intelligence will overcome the physical disadvantages it clearly is giving up to the monkey-dog.

Firstly I require clarification as you appear to agree with me, but then state the opposite; Dog-Monkey = Monkey with Dog head, or Dog with Monkey head?

I feel the respective breeds should be first decided upon, as this could significantly affect the numbers needed in any given combination of Dog-Monkey/Monkey-Dog.

If I remember correctly from my top-trumps, a poodle has a size value of 3, but an annoyance value of 9 and an agility of 7. If compared to the dachsund of size 4, annoyance 1 and agility 2, you can see that there is a huge disparity between breeds.

The same can be said of the primates too I believe.

Consider for instance, the Gorilla-Poodle. Will the poodle be able to lift a gorilla head? Does this constitute a default win for the Poodle-Gorilla?

Or are there specific 'weights' that separate the Dog-Monkey/Monkey-Dog into more acceptable pairings?

Given the almost infinite possibilities of the Dog-Monkey/Monkey-Dog combo, I would hereby like to apply for funding from your establishment to further research this field and in time file an in-depth report (hopefully in the form of spreadsheet)[possibly as a set of top-trumps which I shall call the 'Joseph Mengele' special edition] which will shed some much needed light on this under explored field.

Consider for instance, the Gorilla-Poodle. Will the poodle be able to lift a gorilla head? Does this constitute a default win for the Poodle-Gorilla?

Or are there specific 'weights' that separate the Dog-Monkey/Monkey-Dog into more acceptable pairings?

:crylaugh:

Though I am fairly sure a Gorilla is an ape, not a monkey. In fact, the largest monkey in the world is the Mandrill Monkey.

mandrill-monkey-picture.jpg

A big one stands at about three feet tall and weighs less than four stone.

I guess this might tip the balance in the favour of the creature with the dogs body and monkeys head?

In light of recent classification regarding which particular animals fall under the terminology of 'Monkey', i regretfully withdraw my application for funding. I shall also withdraw my application for the rights to use the Top Trumps brandname until further investigation of the practicality of not being afforded my given choice of primate.

I don't think Bears would go for the T-Rex personally. Are we assuming both the T-Rex and Bears are bloody thirsty and just fight it out to the death, regardless of temperament etc. If you dropped the bears in with the T-Rex I'd fancy the Bears to be picked off individually and cower away from the much larger and more powerful T-Rex.

As far as I'm aware Bears don't generally stick together much do they, so teamwork might be a problem.

I think if we're talking taking a T-Rex down we're looking at the likes of elephants and rinos IMO.

I don't think Bears would go for the T-Rex personally. Are we assuming both the T-Rex and Bears are bloody thirsty and just fight it out to the death, regardless of temperament etc. If you dropped the bears in with the T-Rex I'd fancy the Bears to be picked off individually and cower away from the much larger and more powerful T-Rex.

As far as I'm aware Bears don't generally stick together much do they, so teamwork might be a problem.

I think if we're talking taking a T-Rex down we're looking at the likes of elephants and rinos IMO.

Look. We are trying to have a serious conversation about how many bears it would take to kill a T Rex here. we don't need to hear this crazy talk

about the bears running off scared or rhinos being more suited for a fight

to the death against dinosaurs thank you very much.

Have you got an answer to this, or is it just a bit of fun/guessing game?

Seeing as the animals mentioned never co-existed I'm pretty certain there is no set answer...

Look. We are trying to have a serious conversation about how many bears it would take to kill a T Rex here. we don't need to hear this crazy talk

about the bears running off scared or rhinos being more suited for a fight

to the death against dinosaurs thank you very much.

Okay then, I'd say 6 then. But they'd need to work as a team to make it work.

If they're not working as a team I'd go for over 12. As the T-Rex tires each bear will cause more and more damage in this instance and eventually overcome the T-Rex.

Have you got an answer to this, or is it just a bit of fun/guessing game?

Seeing as the animals mentioned never co-existed I'm pretty certain there is no set answer...

Theres always one who thinks he knows it all!!

lol.

How scary would that apepoodle look being walked down the road on a lead by an 80 year old, who calls it fluffy.

Â