How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

The_Rev

How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many bears would you need to kill a T Rex?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-12
    • more than 12
    • Impossible. No amount of bears could ever take out a T Rex.

A T-Rex weighs something like 4 short tons, which is to say 8,000 lbs. Fatal BAC is something like 1%. Doing a simple linear regression based on an online BAC calculator, it becomes apparent that you would need to give the T-Rex 360 beers in one hour to get its BAC up to 1%.

Or did I misunderstand the question and you were asking how many beers I'd need to drink in order to fight a T-Rex to the death?

In which case, I think the answer would be at least 30.

Ok i put more than 12, because if they were male bears they would need 6 of them to draw up a plan!! 4 of them to have a fag and debate the recent footie results, and then the finally 2 would challenge the trex to a full on boxing match, with the second bear of course being the ref!! ( fairs fair and all) and as trex has flid arms, bear will take him down piece of piss

They get people to give them the lit pipe.

Smoking cigarettes when you have so much fur around your mouth is dangerous.

^^^^

I say old bean, I think we've seen this somewhere before!

And that makes the consequences of tonight's consumption doubly worse. :(

p.s. Pah! Do you think I have the time to read through all of a thread before I make a fatuous comment? :winkold:

EDIT #2: I have just read through the thread and seen your post, Levi. Sorry. :D

Grizzly Bears are the weaklings of the species it would take more than 12 the T-Rex would just play dead anyway and the bear would walk away.

You need some of these bad mofo's they are the SAS of the species and could probably decimate a T-Rex one on one, the play dead trick wouldnt work either

Kodiak Bear, they usually are black which makes them extra bad but this one is brown for some reason.

grizzley-0.jpg

One thing I am not sure about is peoples concept of size. The difference between a T Rex and a large bear (Polar or Kodiak) isnt as huge as you would first think.

trex.jpg

A T Rex compared to a woman. Dunno how tall she is, but she would clear the T Rex's knee if the T Rex was on the ground instead of pegs that are at least a foot tall. A bear stands about 14 feet tall on its hind legs. They would easily reach the T Rex's hip bone if they stood up. On all fours they would be closer in height to the knee than the ankle.

A T Rex weighs about 12000 pounds. A fully grown bear, maybe 1500. I think that the bears that stay away from the jaws and attack the legs would be able to take the T Rex down easily. Im still arguing for 5-7 bears.

**edit**

I just noticed that the weight difference between a T Rex and a Polar Bear is of a remarkably similar ratio to that of a Polar Bear to a Welterweight boxer. So as a side question, how many Welterweight boxers would you need to kill a Polar Bear? You could chose whatever boxers you want, so if you want Floyd Mayweather jr and Manny Pacquiao in your team, thats fine. No weapons though, its fists vs paws. The arena can be a standard WBC boxing ring.

I just noticed that the weight difference between a T Rex and a Polar Bear is of a remarkably similar ratio to that of a Polar Bear to a Welterweight boxer. So as a side question, how many Welterweight boxers would you need to kill a Polar Bear? You could chose whatever boxers you want, so if you want Floyd Mayweather jr and Manny Pacquiao in your team, thats fine. No weapons though, its fists vs paws. The arena can be a standard WBC boxing ring.

Of these...

boxerhead2.jpg

And to think I was going to save the tangent of monkey-dogs vs dog-monkeys until tomorrow morning when the office people log on...

2-4 bears (assuming they were something reasonably hard like polar bears would easily take out a T Rex I reckon. The dinosaur only has its jaws for a weapon, so if two bears attacked from behind I reckon they'd soon overpower it. I've just spent 15 minutes looking up the relative sizes and weights on Wiki. Must stop reading Nayson's threads and get out more.

Â