The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

there's a NOFX gig in Cardiff coming up in a week or so, still mulling whether to go. Haven't been to a gig since Reading 07 I think which is truy shocking, but I need to convince others to join.

Just got this:

"Congratulations! You have won a pair of tickets to see NOFX at O2 Academy Birmingham tomorrow night (24/04/09)"

Dunno if I can be bothered to go, I mean I love NOFX, but I've seen them a ton of times, but free tickets, but then it's the academy which means I'll end up spending like £50 on half a pint of shandy... and what sort of notice is one day?

[quote="mjmooney

Yup. Original lineup except for guitarist Paul Atkinson who died a few years ago.

And if you haven't heard "Odessey and Oracle" you're missing one of the best albums of the 1960s (and, therefore, ever).

there's a NOFX gig in Cardiff coming up in a week or so, still mulling whether to go. Haven't been to a gig since Reading 07 I think which is truy shocking, but I need to convince others to join.

Just got this:

"Congratulations! You have won a pair of tickets to see NOFX at O2 Academy Birmingham tomorrow night (24/04/09)"

Dunno if I can be bothered to go, I mean I love NOFX, but I've seen them a ton of times, but free tickets, but then it's the academy which means I'll end up spending like £50 on half a pint of shandy... and what sort of notice is one day?

you see, for me, I only saw them once and that was before I knew who they were and caught them halfway through at Reading. Once I got into them I did wish I'd been more aware sooner! I have a week to decide. At only a tenner though I am leaning to going, its a fortunately a friday so I should be able to encourage other attendees!

Yup. Original lineup except for guitarist Paul Atkinson who died a few years ago.

And if you haven't heard "Odessey and Oracle" you're missing one of the best albums of the 1960s (and, therefore, ever).

Well I didnt know this LP at all so shall try and find some tracks.

Rod Argent was a great keyboard player (we used to do 'Hold Your Head Up')

Colin Blunstone had a unique voice and I guess you have heard 'Say You Dont Mind' - beautiful IMO.

Am tempted to ask you who did the original (without Googling) - a B/ham youth of some note.

Denny Laine (ex-Moody Blues).

EDIT: Don't get "some tracks" off O&O, you need to hear the whole thing, in the right sequence.

The Zombies (doing the whole of "Odessey and Oracle") in Manchester on Friday.

What ! Is that the same Zombies who did "she's not there" ?

Colin Blunstone , Rod Argent etc ?

And if you weren't at this gig you may have missed your chance to ever see and hear it performed live.

They were fan-****-tastic.

The Enemy did something similar W_D - they released the album two weeks after their tour, it's probably so he can play his more known songs over the newer ones to get one final gig for the loyal fans who want to hear older tracks. But yes I also agree he's probably hoping for another larger run. Will mean another couple of tours after that. Why no Birmingham?

Anyway. Last night I saw Art Brut at the o2 Academy...really good, get better every time I see them.

went to see dylan last night and it was **** quality

played quite a few of his old songs which i wasn't expecting

his voice is **** but he somehow still manages to pull it off

great night it was

john mayall and bb king are playing the NIA as well mite haveto see if i can get tickets for that one

and i'm gutted that jamie T isn't playing birmingham

alrite mate what did you think of dylan last night?

i thought it was cracking suprised by some of the older tracks he played as well, ballad of a thin man and desolation row were brilliant

he knows how to drag a song out by a few minutes as well doesn't he lol

he absolutely butchered blowing in the wind as well that was probably the worst track of the night

i'd definately pay to go and see him again...if he is still alive to do another tour that is

• 1 month later...

Thought i'd resurrect this thread as the Isle of Wight festival takes place this weekend and i cannot fookin wait!! the past 3 years have been amazing! glorious weather and superb atmosphere. Friday night we have got Prodigy, Pendulum and Basement Jaxx kickin it off..covergae is on ITV2 fri,sat and sun.

Has any1 ever ventured down here 2 the festival??

Â