The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Got a few the next week or so.

Satirycon on Sunday evening followed by Death from Above and At the Drive In on Monday.

Then off to see Therapy? Supporting some old band called The Stranglers or something next Saturday :)

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Got a few the next week or so.

Satirycon on Sunday evening followed by Death from Above and At the Drive In on Monday.

Then off to see Therapy? Supporting some old band called The Stranglers or something next Saturday :)

I'd love to be you, free to see bands galore ;)...at present I can only do weekend gigs due to work. Next one for us is Hollywood Vampires in June.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'd love to be you, free to see bands galore ;)...at present I can only do weekend gigs due to work. Next one for us is Hollywood Vampires in June.

Yeah starting early and finishing early definitely has it's advantages :)

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Just bought tickets for this...

IMG_3774.JPG.cda0be34f5db23dd3e090e54c8c

Incredible line-up. Think I counted 26 bands I wanted to see.

NIN to Nick Cave to Arctic Monkeys.... glorious. 

It was Craig David that swung it though be honest :D

I'll be pretty envious while you're watching Alice in Chains to be fair, even without Layne Staley. Saturday looks particularly fun to me, but then PJ headlining so I would say that!

Have fun man.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Just bought tickets for this...

IMG_3774.JPG.cda0be34f5db23dd3e090e54c8c

Incredible line-up. Think I counted 26 bands I wanted to see.

NIN to Nick Cave to Arctic Monkeys.... glorious. 

I had a look at that one but am already at the Waters gig at Hyde Park

looks like I’m doing Mad cool fest in Madrid instead the following week ... lot of the same bands but with the added bonus I won’t be trying to slit my wrists as Nick Cave isn’t playing Madrid 

43ECD941-4C03-4366-AC8B-78D89178068C.jpeg

• Like 2

You won't be surprised to know that there is virtually nothing I'd want to see in the above festival lineups. 

I would quite fancy this one, though: 

FB_IMG_1519933961036.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You won't be surprised to know that there is virtually nothing I'd want to see in the above festival lineups. 

I would quite fancy this one, though: 

FB_IMG_1519933961036.jpg

California is a bit of a hike ...wouldn’t mind seeing Neil Young on that list though 

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

California is a bit of a hike ...wouldn’t mind seeing Neil Young on that list though 

My 'hit list' is: Neil Young, Jack White, Pretenders, Kamasi Washington, Margo Price, North Mississippi All Stars, Dwight Twilley, Pharoah Sanders, Robert Plant, Gary Clark Jr., The Bangles, Aaron Neville and Los Lobos. 

The rather excellent and loud “Feeder” last night in Brixton , ears are still ringing this morning (as is the head !)

Managed to get myself right into the mosh pit for the encore for some serious po-going .., knees are reminding me I’m too old for that sort of thing this morning !!

• Like 3

The Stranglers were on form last night. Excellent set list that included most of the classics.

Also a special mention for Therapy? who have been a favourite of mine for donkeys years. It's safe to say that they have gained a few new fans after putting on what was one of the best support shows I've ever seen (and I've seen a shit tonne).

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Glad you enjoyed it, especially as you’re not keen on the new stuff - how did the new tracks transpose live? 

Pretty well, had a 'looser' feel than the record. And, to be fair, the album is growing on me. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Pretty well, had a 'looser' feel than the record. And, to be fair, the album is growing on me. 

Yep, same for me. The more I listen, the more I hear on each track.

i think it’s a well crafted album. 

Jealous of being able to see decent musicians - bugger all reaches the south west beyond Bristol. 

• Like 1

A couple of perfectly good local pub bands yesterday evening.

Lots of crowd pleasing covers of Black Keys / White Stripes type stuff, played to a crowd that had been drinking since lunchtime.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yep, same for me. The more I listen, the more I hear on each track.

i think it’s a well crafted album. 

He said in the interview in this month's MOJO that the previous album was all "spot the influence", and he was tired of being compared to Crosby, Stills and Nash. Well the new one is still "spot the influence", but I'm hearing more British sounds in there, not least Lennon/Beatles. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Stranglers were on form last night. Excellent set list that included most of the classics.

saw them last year in Guildford , thought they kinda got Golden Brown wrong , tempo was a bit too fast and it sounded a  it like the music you hear at a fun fair  , but that aside they were great

That Rock Werchter Line up is dreadful apart from the Sunday. Line Up has gone downhill

Me and Blandy saw Radiohead, Sigur Ros and Band of Horses plus a few other decent bands all on one day when we went

• Like 1

Â