The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, Xann said:

The Foo Fighters played the Cheese and Grain in Frome last night.

That's the Glastonbury slot then.

Yeah, I saw that it was confirmed last night, that they're headlining on the Saturday night, on the Glastonbury Facebook page. Not that I'm going, but I'd give that a wide birth.

16 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

I was at that gig too, it really was great!!  Any word on why there was no Maseo?

Hah awesome. No idea, but he's not been at any of the UK shows so far going by the reviews 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2017 at 10:57, Designer1 said:

Devin Townsend tonight at the Institute in Brum. Should be a corker.

Was there too. Always a delight to see Devin!

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone thinking of getting Metallica tickets? They go on sale next week and I will be trying to get some for the Manchester gig on the Saturday. I like early Metallica but the missus loves them.

And yeah though they are damn expensive! Every ticket has the latest album with it which is incredibly annoying if you have already bought it....... Still probably going to get one though as I am a sucker.......

Off to see Mayhem ("The most dangerous band in the world") tonight in Karlstad with Dragged Into Sunlight + Voodus opening.

They are going to play  "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" in full so it's Norwegian black metal history 50 meters from where i live.

And I didn't even have to pay for the ticket :) Should be fun!

Nöjesfabrikens foto.

If any other VT'er are there and want's to say hi I'l be the guy dressed in black.

Edit: I'm choosing to see it as a sign that VT crashed literally the second I posted this.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

wasn't really sure where to stick this...

anyway, from the couple of songs they played from it, it sounds like the next album due late summer will be epic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04w9vyr/the-6-music-festival-sparks

6-music-socials-300x300.jpg

if you only watch 1 minute, watch the 46th minute for the full pyrotechnics

I bloody loves Sparks

• Like 1

Ghost were very good last night. That Brewdog pub though, **** me they've got some strong ale. The 15% one you can only get a third of a pint of!

• Like 1

Saw Amy MacDonald tonight at the Royal Albert Hall

not the best venue for a rock concert if I'm honest but she was rather decent and has a good range of songs in her catalogue  

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The wife is going to watch Eminem at reading. She asked me if I wanted to go and I told her to **** off.

I don't blame ya!

Â