The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Big Lebowski reamains my biggest movie "mystery"

I should love it. But I don't. It's alright.

Same for me. And two of my favorite films are Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink. Fargo is good too.

Did you think 2001 a space odyssey was naff as well

I did.  There, I said it.  I just, I don't get "it" with 2001.  I enjoyed about, 30 minutes of it in the middle while the rest of it disappeared up it's own arsehole.  And I love me some chin-strokey sci-fi.  Nah, give me Dark Star over 2001.

If Depp had never met Tim Burton his career would be much much better.

Burtons best film doesn't even have Depp in it. Big Fish.

Depp is great in movies like Brasco and Blow. Also loved him in Pirates of Caribbean.

Wish there were no sequels though. No matter what people say, bad sequels take away from the original

If Depp had never met Tim Burton his career would be much much better.

Burtons best film doesn't even have Depp in it. Big Fish.

Depp is great in movies like Brasco and Blow. Also loved him in Pirates of Caribbean.

Wish there were no sequels though. No matter what people say, bad sequels take away from the original

Totally forgot about Blow. Good shout.

Whilst he might be in 2nd place on the man crush league table, is he not going to start to grate if he's in everything?

I think he's taking a break from being an actor for a while after this film. He's taking a stab at writing/directing a film next year. But I don't think we'll see him in another film for a little while. Which is probably a good thing. 

Edited by PieFacE

I was really looking forward to 'Only God Forgives', yet the early feedback has been very mixed. 'Drive' has grown to be my favourite film, which is a big thing considering how many films I watch. Refn is a pretty mixed bag though as far as I'm concerned. 'Pusher', 'Bronson' and Valhalla Rising' are all quite good, without being spectacular.

I'll judge the film for myself when it comes out but I'm trying to go in with low expectations now. When I saw the first trailer a few months back I was really excited. Now I'm more concerned it might be a bit shit...

Just watched Trance. Fantastic film! Really enjoyed it!

Just finished it and I agree. Hadn't heard much about it beforehand, but it was a great watch. Definitely recommend it. 

• Like 1

Â