The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

it blows avatar's 3d out of the water.

I highly doubt that. Whilst not being a fan of 3D and not the biggest fan of Avatar, it remains one of the most stunning films ever made. Plus it is the only film that has really used 3D to its highest potential. Perhaps the 3D in Transformers may be good, yet I highly doubt it is better than that used in Avatar.

Go and see it, the 3d really is the best so far, avatars 3d was exceptional but its been a few years now and cameron was the one who persuaded bay to use it, lent him his tech and helped him improve it. The 3d really is stunning, its crisper, more detailed and doesnt lose any of its colour or brightness.

Freaks

Brilliant film, only 60 minutes long and is a mixture of horror and comedy. The cast is basically a collection of people who had deformities and how they deal with them. Very interesting to read how they got in their lives too, some of them lived incredible ages for their time.

Kiwi is right, the new one is weird they basically ignore the 1st 2 movies I personally still hate the idea of them being robots without taking shape which is increased, it's long as in really long yet somehow still feels rushed in places which is just weird some bits have some proper cutting room floor moments

Overall cheesy comedy moments make the best of a pretty poor film

I like the new Transformers movies. Not great movies as such, but entertaining popcorn films that are what they are. Nothing to take too seriously, just about lay back, relax and enjoy. Will watch the new one on 3D.

Saw Deadly pursuit last night for the first time in 15-20 years. Quite good, that one. Almost forgotten.

Freaks

Brilliant film, only 60 minutes long and is a mixture of horror and comedy. The cast is basically a collection of people who had deformities and how they deal with them. Very interesting to read how they got in their lives too, some of them lived incredible ages for their time.

Great shout.

Tod Browning :notworthy:

Scott pilgrim vs the world

utter gash, worst film I've seen in ages

You must not see many bad films then.

Each to their own and if you don't like comic book films then there isn't a hope in hell that you would like Scott Pilgrim. Afterall the film is very close to the material it is taken from.

I actually enjoyed it and would say it is one of the better comic book films.

Freaks

Great shout.

Tod Browning :notworthy:

First film of his I've seen, liked his style, really need to see Dracula!

Scott pilgrim vs the world

utter gash, worst film I've seen in ages

Whatever you do, don't watch sucker punch.

i watched it at the cinema, awful film but id still say its better than SP, the fact that i cant stand cera probably doesnt help

ive seen a fair few average/poor films over the last 2 weeks so im glad to finish off by watching sunshine, which IMO is along with children of men the most underrated film of the last 10 years

Maybe they like transformers so have a vested interest in the subject matter?

That said, the absolute last thing I'd advise someone who likes Transformers to do is to watch Michael Bay pour his signature filmic fecal matter all over the franchise.

SuckerPunch and Scott Pilgrim are two films which I watched in the last couple of weeks. Neither last longer than 20 mins before I hit the off switch.

Will probably go and watch Transformers 3 purely because my son wants to go, and will probably enjoy it too.

Its a good job we all have different tastes I suppose.

Â