The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

going to start watching Star Wars. Do I start at Episode 1 or Episode 4?

4. If you watch 1 and go in episode order you'll hate Star Wars in about 30 minutes.

You can probably ignore the existence of the prequels entirely. There's a suggested order that says watch 4,5,2,3,6. Episode 1 is mostly pointless with the only highlight being the fight at the end.

• Like 2

That reminds me, I read an article that raised a chuckle the other day, talking about what if the new Star Wars turns out to be shit...

I almost want Force Awakens to be the new Phantom Menace just so I could see the fallout from it. It's not beyond the realms of doubt either. JJ Abrams isn't a slam dunk director, he's missed a few times and iirc the writing team behind aren't earth shatterers either...

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That reminds me, I read an article that raised a chuckle the other day, talking about what if the new Star Wars turns out to be shit...

I almost want Force Awakens to be the new Phantom Menace just so I could see the fallout from it. It's not beyond the realms of doubt either. JJ Abrams isn't a slam dunk director, he's missed a few times and iirc the writing team behind aren't earth shatterers either...

lalalala.gif

• Like 2

For the spoiler phobic, this is the usual movie in 3 minutes trailer so you may want to skip it. Given that we're 3 months from release this is going to be a movie where you've seen it all in trailers before you set foot in the cinema...

It finally reveals who the other villain is...

Looks... OK. Ish.

Edited by Chindie

Jesus that trailer is bad, Zack doing another Sucker Punch it seems.

Whats with the big bloke at the end, seems naff big baddie to throw through buildings; some tell all i’m not bothered by spoilers.

Bet Zack danced around the room when he managed to get a moving shot exactly like the cover of a famous Batman comic.... err that he didn’t design; well done.

9 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Jesus that trailer is bad, Zack doing another Sucker Punch it seems.

Whats with the big bloke at the end, seems naff big baddie to throw through buildings; some tell all i’m not bothered by spoilers.

Bet Zack danced around the room when he managed to get a moving shot exactly like the cover of a famous Batman comic.... err that he didn’t design; well done.

Cameo appearance of the Cave Troll from Fellowship of the Ring...

Probable spoiler for other villain

Edit-spoiler tags didn't work...

Edited by Chindie

Batman vs. Superman trailer is the worst thing I've ever seen*, there is almost no point watching the full film now...

I do like Jesse Eisenberg though.

Edited by adw95
Bit dramatic...

On 02/12/2015, 09:56:59, tonyh29 said:

I watched a rather bad 3 Musketeers on Film 4 last night , I really should have switched off at the first sight of a flying ship .. but Milla Jovovich was in it and I'd watch her read a dictionary

Big badda boom!

• Like 2

Â