The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Lovely Bones is wishy washy shite that panders to christians.

And for a story that centres on a brutal rape/murder of a young girl, it's alarmingly misogynist. Oh so she got raped and killed, but that lovely older english boy (who loves shakespeare!!!) Really wanted to kiss her so it's all ok!

It should of been tougher and really hammered it home that these crimes are **** awful and we need to do more as a society to stop them. But no, it took the wishy washy route and that is utterly reprehensible.

My inner feminista is most displeased with The Lovely Bones.

Didn't the film differ quite a lot from the book? A quick googavista suggests it does.

The book was more about the impact the murder had on the remaining family.

The film didn't explore this at all and instead went for the bog standard serial killer story, and in doing so ruined the entire premise of the book.

In short, the film was balls.

Right, so a complete switch of emphasis if not storyline. Which; while bad; isn't nearly as bad as what the film 'My Sister's Keeper' did.

the lovely bones book was a good read, opening page boom shes raped and killed, there are several more storylines involving her parents which the film didnt bother with including the main one involving imperioli which pretty much ruined the film straight away

in interviews before hand jackson spoke about the loving the book and struggling to get it right, IMO he was way off, he went for the easy visuals

and its safe to say christians hate this film, your own personal heaven doesnt sit well with them, both the film and the book was criticised / boycotted in the states

I watch Prometheus on Weds night

Not sure of the significance of the opening scene .. but other than that it was kinda easy enough to follow in terms of the storyline ( trying to write this without spoilers)

though of course I felt it was a wasted opportunity by Scott and Charlize Theron should have got her kit off a few times

Finally got round to watching Man On Fire last night. Rarely say this, but I felt like it should've been longer. Felt as if too many corners were cut in leading to the next person. The concept of it would've been better suited to a mini-series I guess. Still really enjoyed it though, if a bit predictable.

Moneyball. Top film. Probably the best 'sports' film I've seen.

Clearly you have not seen Goal! or Goal! 2 then. You must.

:lol: You devil you

I'd rather have private swimming lessons with Michael Barrymore than suffer those films.

I always thought there were going to be three films in the series. Did I just imagine that or shall I anticipate Score 3 where the main protagonist, having suffered a career-ending injury, descends into a life of depression and alcoholism?

I always thought there were going to be three films in the series. Did I just imagine that or shall I anticipate Score 3 where the main protagonist, having suffered a career-ending injury, descends into a life of depression and alcoholism?

There is. It follows Santi with the Mexian national team and two of his mates with the English national team at World Cup 2006.

Let me tell you, and I'll be honest, it is not a patch on the first 2 films. Santi plays a very small part, and some other characters like Harris and Anna Friel are barely mentioned, let alone seen. A disappointing end to a tremendous trilogy.

There was a 3rd one. My mate made me sit through the first 2 since he loves them, I had to refuse watching the last one though, first ones were bad enough!

I thought the 3rd one got cancelled because the second one was so shit.

I actually thought the first one was ok. Not good. but ok.

But the second. **** me. Dire

fright night - another vampire film, set up as a dark comedy but its not really got any comedy bits, still a decent film 6/10

shame - really good, fassbender is awesome, really well shot, scripted, acted etc everything about it is really high quality, pretty much the same as drive my only criticism is that i wish id stumbled across it rather than getting in to the hype, its the reason i still havent seen the artist but that bloke must have done something special to beat fassbender for best actor, i cant believe he wasnt even nominated

Â