The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Went to see the new Sean Penn thing the other day. He's a rock star who wears a wig. Can never remember the name and it would be a little dishonest of me to google it.

Anyway, it's brilliant. Beautifully shot, uplifting, funny, quirky. Downsides are some pointless characters and plotlines. (Thingy from Fargo is underused). Could do with more ruthless editing, but go see it. You'll come out smiling.

Off to see the Hunger games tomorrow night. I'm seeing a delightful young lady who is a member of BAFTA. Free tickets to a wonderful cinema at BAFTA HQ ftw. Digital projection, spot on sound. No ads, no trailers, no teenagers. You're not allowed to leave before the end credits tho else you'll get tutted at.

Watched 'Bronson' last night after hearing good things about it. Apart from a few funny moments and tom hardy being badass for another few moments I thought it was quite shit. Very strange film indeed. 'Meh' covers it I think.

Decided to watch 'Inception' afterwards as ive never seen it and my mates say to watch it. I struggled up to the bit at the start where Ken Watanabe drops leo off the helicopter about 20 minutes in. Now it may have been because it was late and I was a little tired but I fell asleep.

I was really disappointed with Any Given Sunday. Considering the cast and the director I expected much better. It really did nothing for me. As far as films about American Football go, Friday Night Lights is far better (the film I mean, although the TV show is much more enjoyable too).

Sky Plussed Last of the Mohicans last night though, I've never seen it but I love Daniel Day-Lewis and I've heard nothing but good things about the film.

I was really disappointed with Any Given Sunday. Considering the cast and the director I expected much better. It really did nothing for me. As far as films about American Football go, Friday Night Lights is far better (the film I mean, although the TV show is much more enjoyable too).

That's odd. Any Given Sunday is one of the best Sports Films ever, imo.

Incidentally, was the Friday Night Lights movie before or after the TV show?

i think friday night lights was a book then a film then a tv show

i really like last of the mohicans, good story, good performances, well shot and epic soundtrack

just watched 21 jump street, its a bit dafter and alot funnier than what i was expecting

Â