The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I like Epic Movie :D

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer should be castrated for crimes against cinema imo.

Just sayin' like. :)

I agree.

It's really terrible.

Another nomination for worst film goes to "Something's got to give"

A chick flick about old people starring Jack Nicholson and some old broad.

Not joking, you could have got the entire storyline into a **** advert, let alone a film.

Longest hour and a half of my life. At least Epic Movie and SoaP aren't really taking themselves seriously.

"Something's got to give" is really trying. And failing. BADLY!

Disagree. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. And a film with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton can't be that bad. No, I liked it. Decent.

:shock:

I am genuinely, GENUINELY shocked.

:D The joy of diggerent opinions and taste and all that. :nod: I don't think it's brilliant, but decent. And a bit different. Instead of some youth love film it's a love film about older people, which I think is kind of nice. :)

immortals.jpg

Art style - 10 out of 10 i love the whole 300 art style and the way its done love the music as well

The first hour and 30 mins of the movie 2 out of 10 disjointed garbage plot holes all over the place

The last 20 mins 10 out of 10

If you watch this movie just skip it till the end the fight scene is epic

Worth mentioning that the Immortals is released on blu-ray in the first week of March, but will be the UK censored edition. The cinema release had 15 seconds cut, as well as the blood recoloured, which will be what the home release over here will also get, despite the studio being told they could release an uncut edition on an 18 rating.

immortals.jpg

Art style - 10 out of 10 i love the whole 300 art style and the way its done love the music as well

The first hour and 30 mins of the movie 2 out of 10 disjointed garbage plot holes all over the place

The last 20 mins 10 out of 10

If you watch this movie just skip it till the end the fight scene is epic

Hated it, an utter mess.

bruno is the worst film ive seen, absolutely awful

Really? Why? I thought it was hilarious and very clever. He really does make people seem like complete morons with their views on life.

disagree, the good bits of borat do that, Bruno IMO is unbelievably forced, he paints it as homophobia when in reality people react that way because he's being an utter dick

Bruno as a character isn't funny the video with the singing cock isn't funny and the fact that people are offended by it isn't funny

borat is a funny character, the story about his sister teasing his retarded brother is funny the reaction of the bloke is funny

I saw Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close yesterday, it's about this really naughty and mean kid who has autism or something I guess, and his dad dies in the twin towers on 9/11. THANKFULLY it is not a 9/11 movie (book), rather the journey of a boy attempting to extend the connection with father after his death. It's OK.

1:1 Scale Model of Villa Park in MineCraft progress

Pitch: 98%

North, Doug Ellis, & Holte End: 100% (exterior only)

Trinity Road Stand 20% (exterior only)

Ground exterior 0%

I've been meaning to ask this for ages:

I had to Google Minecraft, and I know what it is now, but... how can it be 1:1 scale? It would have to be literally the same size as the real VP. And given that it's a software construct, it isn't really to ANY scale, is it? smiley-confused004.gif

Ground exterior 0%

I had to Google Minecraft, and I know what it is now, but... how can it be 1:1 scale? It would have to be literally the same size as the real VP. And given that it's a software construct, it isn't really to ANY scale, is it? smiley-confused004.gif

The dimensions of a "block" in minecraft is, I think, accepted to be 1m by 1m (or is it 1ft by 1ft...I'm not sure)

So I assume it's based on if Vp is, say, 150m long, his model will be 150 blocks long.

Ground exterior 0%

Well, I've attempted to make it as close as possible to a 1:1 scale model as I can. The scale generally accepted in Minecraft when refering to 1 block in terms of real world measurements, is that a single block (I don't know how much you looked into the game, but everything is made out of cubes) equats to 1x1x1 metres. So, I started by building the pitch to the real world size using one block as one metre. From there I built the stands around the pitch. I didn't get a measurement of the height of the North Stand, for example, and make it exactly that many metre blocks high though.

Â