The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anyone recommend me a film, something to fall asleep too, not too complicated, over the top ...maybe a bit of comedy, nice little film, something similar to marley & me / 50 first dates ....(I could be gay)

just whats needed though at night. a thank you :)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

Orange County

Empire Records

Adventureland

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I Love You, Man

Napoleon Dynamite

Step Brothers

Just got back from seeing the new Planet of the Apes movie. Was pretty good tbh, just what I needed to forget about a shit day - some apetastic destruction!

Was also pretty cool to see David Hewlett in it! (From Stargate Atlantis)

I saw the name David Hewlitt and I kept wondering where on earth he was in the film and then at the end I realised I'd been thinking of David Thewlis :(

Koyaanisqatsi is a brilliant film 8)

Recently watched Hesher with Jospeh Gordon Levitt, he's great as usual but it's a little bit extreme at times. Had Natalie Portman in it too so was a bit surprised how little publicity it's had.

EDIT: Oh yeah you get to see her coming out of the pool dripping wet(albeit in normal clothes :() if you need persuading ;)

Just seen the inbetweeners - absolutely hilarious. Downpoints are that occasionally it didn't flow, perhaps struggling with the transfer from 30 minute show to film, but nonetheless, basically what you'd expect for longer.

I was very suprised and impressed with District 9. Did not expect it to be that good at all.

Love the main guys accent as well, expecially when he gets angry and says "****" in what sounds like a Scouse/Scottish hybrid accent despite being very South African at all other times.

Im seeing it on friday rodders, my biggest worry is that its all just the best bits from the series rehashed, or have they got some new jokes and stuff in it?

well, it's pretty much what you expect, boys being cringeworthily stupid but in an hilarious fashion. I think there's plenty of new jokes involved, though more or less everyone ends up naked at some point ( so i suppose that joke has been done before ) but it doesn't detract from it all, I think it was an excellent finale to the whole thing.

I was very suprised and impressed with District 9. Did not expect it to be that good at all.

Love the main guys accent as well, expecially when he gets angry and says "****" in what sounds like a Scouse/Scottish hybrid accent despite being very South African at all other times.

one of my favourite films from the last couple of years.

Anyone else looking forward to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLvMg62RPA?

May have bin dunne but I've only just seen the trailer. As I understand, although I haven't seen them, the Swedish films were a bit of a disappointment., Hopefully Fincher can do better

Massively. I was sold the moment the cover of Immigrant Song (Karen O and Trent Reznor, fantastic) started, absolutely dripping in atmosphere. I've not seen the originals either, though I understand that the first is superb, if grim, and the sequels were more like TV movies.

At the very least, Fincher will make a hugey watchable film.

Â