The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw Senna today, good documentary, well done but Michael Moore would be proud of this level of bias. Being an F1 fan the twisting of history and total and utter bias towards Senna as a victim was irritating. It's very good and very well done, but if you followed F1 at the time it's a butchering of facts and the biggest twisting of what happened you can possibly do.

I love Senna, I have always loved him for the reckless madman he was, the pure driving at the expense of pragmatism. But seeing him portryed as Jesus makes me want to puke. Accoding to this documentay Prost is a cheat, Senna a victim.

EDIT: F1 fan watching an F1 docu, so if you don't care about the sport it's still a great documentary. Just very biased as you may guess by the name.

True Grit - very good film but, having seen the original several times, I was left wondering why they decided the remake this film.

I hope no one tries to remake 'The Searchers'.

Flicked on Batman Begins afterwards. What a load of drivelly bollocks. Risible script and even worse acting. I was surprised as I enjoyed the Dark Knight. (It's probably because they kept the pretensions to a minimum in that one.)

just watched youth in revolt, really made me laugh. Very surprised as I wasn't expecting much. Some really laugh out loud bits.

I went to see that whilst it was on at the cinema and was pleasantly surprised. It also showed that Cera may have an acting bone in his body afterall.

just watched youth in revolt, really made me laugh. Very surprised as I wasn't expecting much. Some really laugh out loud bits.

Watched this last night, yeah there's some really funny bits but I'm really getting bored with the "I'm socially awkward but it's ok because I can get the hot girl anyway" bullshit, which almost inevitably has Michael Cera in it.

I enjoyed that too, it's a Miguel Arteta movie and he also directed the excellent Cedar Rapids.

Youth in revolt lasted about 30 minutes in my house, thought it was awful I really find cera unwatchable

I finally got round to watching crazy heart, very good film bridges is superb in it but there is something I couldn't put my finger on IMO it was just missing something from making it an amazing film but I don't know what it was, maybe the story isn't as good as bridges

also watched the back up plan which was pretty dull and definitely maybe in which no one aged! And Ryan Reynolds couldn't save it from being a bit shit 2 rom coms in a day is hard work!

just put paul on, not a massive fan of simon pegg or nick frost though i did enjoy sean of the dead

im 10 minutes in and the speaking is slightly out of sync...im kind of hoping its going to get worse so I have an excuse to switch it off

im not really one to switch films off half way through though

I finally got around to watching Toy Story 3, having seen the first two at the cinema I was a little disappointed I didnt make it to see this one on the big screen. Some thoughts:

1] Pixar movies on Blu Ray look spectacular. If you ever want to impress somebody with a Blu Ray, show them a computer generated animation.

2] I agree with Mark Kermode. Toy Story is arguably the best trilogy in cinematic history. Other trilogies might have had better individual films, but they have all been let down by a below par episode (Return of the Jedi, The Godfather 3, The Temple of Doom) whereas all three Toy Story movies are **** genius.

ive got to watch it again i was slightly disappointed by it felt it was a bit too much like TS2

watching forrest gump right now, brilliant film one of my favourite films ever but i always forget about it when asked to list them

For a daft bit of action, I watched District 13 Ultimatum last night, which was good fun. Saw the first one a few months back (District 13), and really enjoyed that. It's all pretty predictable, but both are very stylish, and have some great stunts, fights sequences, Parkour (free running) etc. I do like a bit of French cinema, full stop at the moment actually.

StakeLand-300x224.jpg

Watched Stake Land last night. It's a rough cross between The Road and Zombieland. Quite entertaining and well put together but very unoriginal (do we need another vampire movie?). Worth a watch if you're a fan of the genre.

Â