The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

new hope for this scene alone .....

surely 

Even though I don't have the sound turned up on my work computer, I'm pretty sure I am whistling the sad Star Wars music in my head, in perfect time to the scene.

• Like 1

I cant be the only one to think mad max fury road was utter cack ?

nope thought it was garbage myself

Must be something in the water on the Emerald Isles, as you're very much in the minority.

Personally think its in with a shout of being the best action movie of the last 5 years, and certainly the best of this year.

I thought it was great and most of my friends did too. Good old fashioned action from start to finish.

Edited by villa89

Horses for courses.  I would hate it because action movies to me are an utter waste of time.  If explosions are your thing then that's fair enough I suppose.  It doesn't mean it's a bad movie.  It just means I wouldn't enjoy it.

Watched Mama on Film 4 last night and must say as horrors go it was a fairly good one. Very watchable and ticked along nicely. The end was a bit shit but that's ok, it didn't ruin the fun. Pity they went with CGI instead of the contortionist for the creepy bits but I'd recommend it to horror fans. That del Toro bloke ain't bad :)

Finally got round to watching an obscure classic called 'Goodfellas'.

You won't have heard of any of the cast but it is a fantastic film! Highly recommended for those who may not have had the pleasure. 

Â