The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Back from Ted 2 and have to say it had more laugh out loud moments than most comedies I can remember. Definitely one of the better ones and a lot funnier than the original too.

Back from Ted 2 and have to say it had more laugh out loud moments than most comedies I can remember. Definitely one of the better ones and a lot funnier than the original too.

Daughter no.1 just came back from seeing it and didn't think it was half as funny as the original. She said it lacked the impact because what made the original quite funny was the original concept of the living bear.

Different strokes eh?  :)

Yeah the advantage this one had was it didn't have to lay the groundwork. It got straight into it and the references were very up to date and very close to the wire. While you probably know what you're going to get, you don't expect it to be as good as it was :)

Terminator tonight

Was expecting a train wreck from the reviews I'd seen but I quite enjoyed it , some good old fashioned switch off your brain and go along for the ride Hollywood style ... Put it this way it was far more entertaining than any of the dross Marvel have been inflicting on us the past few years , Guardians of the Galaxy excepted ...

I'd heard the timeline was hard to follow and confusing , yeah it probably is if you haven't seen the other films but if you've seen the originals and paid a smigeon of attention then you should have been fine

Ok I didn't like the jumping out the helicopter bit as per the trailer and I didn't like the film credits scene but then it also had to be there as common sense dictates ...

Pops can't exist if Skynet doesn't exist

Oh and Sarah Connor ... Me like I shall have to investigate her further on the interweb

Edited by tonyh29

Oh and Sarah Connor ... Me like I shall have to investigate her further on the interweb

Suggest you check out Game of Thrones and pay particular attention to Khaleesi, the Queen of Dragons :ph34r:

I'm not a 40 year old Virgin surely I can't watch game of Thrones ?

Suggest you check out Game of Thrones and pay particular attention to Khaleesi, the Queen of Dragons :ph34r:

You should give it go!

It will be worth it.... ;)

• Like 1

Terminator tonight

Was expecting a train wreck from the reviews I'd seen but I quite enjoyed it , some good old fashioned switch off your brain and go along for the ride Hollywood style ... Put it this way it was far more entertaining than any of the dross Marvel have been inflicting on us the past few years , Guardians of the Galaxy excepted ...

I'd heard the timeline was hard to follow and confusing , yeah it probably is if you haven't seen the other films but if you've seen the originals and paid a smigeon of attention then you should have been fine

Ok I didn't like the jumping out the helicopter bit as per the trailer and I didn't like the film credits scene but then it also had to be there as common sense dictates ...

Pops can't exist if Skynet doesn't exist

on the terminator related totty ...................................summer galu

Just the first episode will deliver what you're after

on the terminator related totty ...................................summer galu

Glau*

And if you like her you should watch Firefly and Serenity. You should watch them anyway because they're awesome, however.

It also has Morena Baccarin in it as a space prostitute Companion and Christina Hendricks shows up in a couple of episodes too  :wub:

Oh, and Nathan Fillion for the bromantics.

I fancy watching The Killing Fields at some point.  The subject matter interests me, it's a part of world history I don't know enough about, I presume it was one of the leading stories in world news at around the time I was born so I kinda get the jist of what happened just through osmosis but I feel I should know more.  Is the movie a decent first step or is it Team America Hollywood bollocks? 

Although not quite the same part of world history, there are definite parallels with what is depicted in The Act of Killing, which I cannot recommend highly enough.  It's a tough watch, yet there are genuinely hilarious and bizarre moments and honestly one of the most astonishing and disturbing scenes I've ever seen in a documentary.  I'm yet to see the follow-up, The Look of Silence, which is playing scarcely in jolly old London. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375605/

• Like 1

Yeah the advantage this one had was it didn't have to lay the groundwork. It got straight into it and the references were very up to date and very close to the wire. While you probably know what you're going to get, you don't expect it to be as good as it was :)

i agree, it was much better than expected. Ted 2, recommended :).

Daughter no.1 just came back from seeing it and didn't think it was half as funny as the original. She said it lacked the impact because what made the original quite funny was the original concept of the living bear.

Different strokes eh?  :)

Different bears, maybe. Same actor?

Â