The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Frost/Nixon. Better than I expected.

Planning to watch the original interviews again now.

Haven't got around to watching that yet. I know someone who is a connoisseur on US politics and says it's very decent

If you've not already done so, you should give "Good Night, and Good Luck" a watch. It's about CBS presenter Edward Murrow taking on Senator McCarthy.

I hope The Kids Are Alright does well with awards, I'd say it's one of the most important movies of the year. But it'll be in vain if the Americans fail to pay attention to anything beyond the comfy nuclear family though.

I actually thought the film was a load of rubbish. It made it quite obvious that it was attempting to go against the grain, yet failed at every level. I didn't find it interesting and didn't thing it had anything new to bring to the table. There was something there, yet it was made completely wrong and reviewers have been more than generous towards it.

I'll be honest in saying that 'The Kids Are Alright' doesn't deserve any awards in my opinion. There have been far better films released this year.

I will even give some examples of better films (each for individual reasons, whether it be effects or an individual performance):

Inception

Toy Story 3

Animal Kingdom

The King's Speech

The Social Network

Winter's Bone

Greenberg

Scott Pilgrim

The Town

True Grit

Black Swan (have yet to see it yet I am hearing and expecting good things)

That's not to mention other smaller budget films...

^^^

Thought Robin Hood was very good. Darker than usual and very different in its whole. I liked it.

Saw the new "A christmas carol" with Jim Carrey before christmas eve and found it rather good. I think it was a brilliantly made animation. The story is what it is, a good one. Have to read that book some day.

Also saw "Green zone" a day or two ago and thought it was quite decent. More than decent, although not brilliant.

Watched a few recently, got the real juicy ones still to watch though.

Despicable Me - worth a watch

Last day of summer - dj qualls actually made a good film with a hot girl

Zonad - a bit mad really

Ok I can't remember now. I'll be back

Good Night and Good luck is a good film.

Frost/Nixon is an excellent film. Michael Sheen is superb. I really rate him, he's a brilliant actor.

Social Network - not bad at all. Not sure how it got almost perfect ratings though.

Stone - erm. If you're not overwhelmed with stuff to watch I guess.

Paper Man - Yea it was ok :)

I do have this thing where I buy some really interesting foreign movies, some real deep stuff. But when it comes to the evening, I just find myself wanting to sit back with something light and fluffy. Grr.

Â