The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Raid 2 - 9 out of 10 - YES! YES! YESSSSSS!!!! It was as awesome as i wished. Believe the hype. Incredible movie. Far far more then just a martial art movie. 2014 has without doubt been the best year of cinema since 1999.

• Like 2

Totally agree with the above, I actually had to come down after watching that film it's like a 2 and a half hour rollercoaster ride, story is setup nicely and not just tacked on to link fight scenes.

For that genre of film which admittedly is quite a small group, this film is the new benchmark.

• Like 1

Raid 2 - 9 out of 10 - YES! YES! YESSSSSS!!!! It was as awesome as i wished. Believe the hype. Incredible movie. Far far more then just a martial art movie. 2014 has without doubt been the best year of cinema since 1999.

Gonna go and watch it this week 100%

Do we think they'll be a third?

Edited by samjp26

I haven't seen the raid (the first one).....should I stream it ?

Put everything else in your life on the back burner until you have seen it . It is brilliantly bonkers . I have not seen a martial arts film that comes close.

• Like 2

American Hustle. I was really excited for this. It was good but I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I was never really invested in the story or the outcome. It all seemed a little bit inconsequential. Some of the casting seemed a little bit strange as well... Were the mayor and his wife and Rosalyn about 7 when they had their respective kids?!

Jennifer Lawrence in her first scene though... Woah.

I didn't heed the advice and watched Grown Ups 2. You were all correct... it was bloody awful!

Only one positive was Salma Hayek's chest! 

Gonna make a big claim here but id rank the raid 2 alongside the likes of the godfather 2, terminator, and aliens as amongst one of the greatest sequels of all time.

From a simple, but brilliant martial art movie to a departed, internal affairs type masterpiece.

It reminded me of how GTA evolved from a fun but basic PC game to evolve into a completely new but groundbreaking game on the PS3. Thats how different it is to the first raid.

The director has said he plans on completing a trilogy which is good news.

The Last House On The Left  (1972)  Watched this last night and thought it was a really good film .I noticed on IMDB that there is a new version of this movie.Anyone seen both ? Would like to hear which is the best

The Last House On The Left  (1972)  Watched this last night and thought it was a really good film .I noticed on IMDB that there is a new version of this movie.Anyone seen both ? Would like to hear which is the best

Good question. Both are good. I slightly prefer the new one though.

Watched last love with Michael Caine and just about the worst film I've seen him in. Old guy young girl friendship in Paris. Sounded ok but it was terrible and his american accent was as bad as Dick Van Dykes English one in mary poppins.

Â