The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Am i just one of the minority that does not find SImon Pegg at all funny?

I'm with you insofar as I thought Hot Fuzz was funny for about 20 minutes and then was absolute garbage the rest of the way.

Edited by maqroll

I don't understand the love for "Anchorman"... I thought it was profoundly not funny. And I like stupid comedies. When they're funny.

This is one of the only times in my life where I haven't been able to empathise with someone else's point of view. At all. :)

I don't understand the love for "Anchorman"... I thought it was profoundly not funny. And I like stupid comedies. When they're funny.

This is one of the only times in my life where I haven't been able to empathise with someone else's point of view. At all. :)

I take comedies very seriously

Agreed.

Yeah but it ha Will Ferrell in, he is simply not funny, he's a bit Ricky Gervais for me in that he makes me cringe not laugh

• Like 1

I watched the Bourne Legacy last night, and I thought it was better than all the others, which I thought were overrated.

Is this a joke?

Edited by Stevo985

I watched the Bourne Legacy last night, and I thought it was better than all the others, which I thought were overrated.

This has to be the most ridiculous post I've ever read. You have to be trolling fella

• Like 1

i cant agree with legacy being better but i can with the original trilogy being overrated

Yeah that's fair enough. I don't agree with it, but it's fair enough.

But saying Legacy is the best is like saying the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the best Indiana Jones film

• Like 1

Oblivion

I did not know what to think i liked the visual effects the soundtrack and the plot but i really do not like Tom Cruise and Sci Fi films

He continues to star in them but he's been in some real stinkers over the years

At least it wasn't Will Smith i suppose

I was suprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

There are a few points in the film where you can guess whats going to happen but considering its 2 hours long I didnt find that I lost interest at any point.

Probably an 8/10

Have you seen Moon and Independence day before?

Yes I have seen both and know exactly what you are saying. However I did find it enjoyable. More enjoyable than Moon really which I thought was a bit meh!

Berberian Sound Studio is genius imo. The Giallo influence, Toby Jones performance, the use of sound (obv) it's all so well done.

Regarding the meaning, well the letters are certainly a big part of that. But it's clever enough to leave itself open to different interpretations.

Edited by Designer1

i thought plan b was good in it too, the scene where he's being interviewed is great, and probably his best song (end credits) gilgun and harris are great as the smack heads too

i think the film's biggest problem is gran torino being of similar ilk and 10x better, not that harry brown is a bad film, GT is a superb film

Yep agreed, I know people hi can quote every word in the pub, and I'm just sitting there thinking I don't care it was crap!

Â