The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Despicable Me 2 and World War Z today. DM2 wasn't as good as the first, but still a good little movie in its own charming way. World War Z was not what I expected at all, I thought it was going to be crap but it wasn't as over the top (aside from a few moments) and I fully enjoyed it.

Pacific Rim appears to be heading towards flop takings if the predictions are on the money.

:(

Eh it's not out anywhere till the 12th?

Tracking/projections. They extrapolate potential takings from public interest/awareness, release dates, competition, even things like how similar movies have played to audiences. Pacific Rim is tracking rottenly.

Although of course it's not a perfect science(films have tracked badly and outdone expectations, films have tracked spectacularly well and tanked), generally a studio would prefer a film to track well. There's also lots of talk of the Pacific Rim's marketing budget only really kicking in now which, if true, might kick it up a gear.

Ben Wheatley's next film A Field In England premieres this Friday (5th July) and will be shown on Film 4 at 2245hrs - skybox is set to record!

This was in the paper today. He reckons releasing this size of film in the cinema and on telly simultaneously could be the future. The plot sounds crazy.

Ben Wheatley's next film A Field In England premieres this Friday (5th July) and will be shown on Film 4 at 2245hrs - skybox is set to record!

This was in the paper today. He reckons releasing this size of film in the cinema and on telly simultaneously could be the future. The plot sounds crazy.

Yes, have read about the plot - sounds pretty much an costume drama acid trip!?!?!?!

I liked Olympus has fallen ....completely stupid but a good action movie

shame ashley judd didnt get naked or something .....also how many films is that herself and freeman have starred in together now ? 4?  

Well i don't usually go the cinema but ill be going to see Pacific Rim believe it or not the last time i went was when i seen Godzilla i think

It has Mech's Giant Monsters Stringer Bell and Jax Teller in it

10/10

Edited by Fort Boyard

I watched 'A Serious Man' last night.

It was excellent. But then, we've come to expect that from the Coen brothers. I heard complaints that it is too 'Jewish'. It isn't. Well, maybe you'd get more of the inside jokes but it doesn't take anything away from the film, which is essentially a retelling of the Book of Job (which I think is the best book in the bible) but the Coens throw in elements of their own philosophy in life.  

The end momentarily pissed me off but with time to digest the film, it does make sense.

• Like 1

Â