The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Mallorca won last night. Cat meet pigeons. Pigeons, cat. There are 2 games left in the Primera season and no club is yet relegated. Mad stuff.

Celta fixtures 

Valladolid vs Celta Vigo

Celta Vigo vs Espanyol

Zaragoza fixtures

Real Betis vs Zaragoza

Zaragoza vs Atlético Madrid

Mallorca fixtures

Atlético Madrid vs RCD Mallorca

RCD Mallorca vs Valladolid

Depor Fixtures 

Málaga vs Deportivo

Deportivo vs Real Sociedad

Osasuna fixtures 

Osasuna vs Sevilla

Real Madrid vs Osasuna

Granada Fixtures 

Valencia vs Granada

Granada vs Getafe CF

Granada I think will beat Getafe, so they should be safe..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I don't think I've ever seen this before. There is now ONE game left in the Spanish Primera Liga and NO team is yet relegated.

It's still strange to see so many "big" clubs in the relegation mix, clubs that have been title challengers within the past decade or so will be getting relegated. 

its happened in Premier League before. think when WBA stayed up with great escape. 

Hutton 89th minute winner to keep Mallorca up

You're right. 2004/05. And in that instance it was the side bottom (WBA) going into gameweek 38 that escaped.

It's still strange to see so many "big" clubs in the relegation mix, clubs that have been title challengers within the past decade or so will be getting relegated. 

true 3 of them played Champions LEague and Zaragoza should have but Spanish FA didnt have their back in 2000.

though as strange as it is to see, 3 of them have been relegated in last 5 years

It's the nature of the way Spanish football divvies up its finances that all clubs bar the big 2 are susceptible to disaster. Rags to riches and back to rags in the blink of an eye. And doesn't look like ending any time soon either :? In fact if anything it could get worse. I'm amazed Valencia haven't disappeared up their own butt yet.

more importantly I hope Sociedad sneak that 4th spot as they have a very similar team to VIlla with a lot of youth players in there

though would mean Deportivo going down

Just out of interest, who are the third club of Spain. I would guess Atletico Madrid, but possibly Valencia?

Athletic Bilbao. never been relegated and usually in Europe

Â