The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Guus Hiddink. One of footballs great managerial conmen. only ever won a league in holland

He did also win the FA cup with Chelsea

Di Matteo won a champions league trophy but I suspect most would still rather take Hiddink

Guus Hiddink. One of footballs great managerial conmen. only ever won a league in holland

He did also win the FA cup with Chelsea

Di Matteo won a champions league trophy but I suspect most would still rather take Hiddink

But Hiddink failed in the Russian league, with stupid amounts of money to spend. 

But Hiddink failed in the Russian league, with stupid amounts of money to spend.

Anzhi seemed to have suffered from the fact that they couldnt attract top russian players or just went after huge name foreigners instead, the russian league has a rule that you must have at least 4 russians on the pitch at any one time, they got zhirkov in and the keeper isnt that bad but the rest of them were shit, they added shatov last year and kokorin,yeshchenko denisov this year so they should be better, he might have turned it around

Who dat?

Martino's the new boss.

Who?

Everything you need to know about him here.

More seriously though, there's a good article here about the appointment.  I knew very little about him before today, too.  Was hoping for Bielsa, but this guy's in a similar mould, but possibly more pragmatic, which would be great.

Hiddink won the European cup years back with PSV remember.

Made up for Martino btw, I was supporting Paraguay in the last world cup so can't speak highly enough of the guy. They could've beaten Spain in the quarters remember.

I watched Paraguay in the Copa America and World Cup and they were teh complete opposite of anything I saw Barceloan play. They were rugged and grinded out results.

Think they are the only team in football history to get to a major international  final without winning a game

with PSG buying marquinhos id have thought the silva rumours would have gathered pace

that said the psg owner last week threatened to meet messi's £250m buy out clause if barca kept asking bout him! i dont thik he'd go but it would be hilarious

I watched Paraguay in the Copa America and World Cup and they were teh complete opposite of anything I saw Barceloan play. They were rugged and grinded out results.

Think they are the only team in football history to get to a major international  final without winning a game

Please don't remind me of that awful tournament.  Staying up night after night to watch boring, dull 0-0 draws and scraped wins.  In South America!

Real Madrid are my tip to win the Spanish league, and that irrespective of whether they sign Bale or not. I think they will be a more settled squad without all the drama that Mourinho brings.

Real Madrid are my tip to win the Spanish league, and that irrespective of whether they sign Bale or not. I think they will be a more settled squad without all the drama that Mourinho brings.

Great tip, I would have never thought of it... ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Casillas

Carvajal Varane Ramos Coenträo 

Illarramendi  Alonso

Ronaldo         Isco                Bale

Benzema

Is a very very good team. Interesting to see what they do with those players. I really like Benzema but not sure he will be able to lead the line for Madrid to win the CL. Could move Ronaldo up front and play Di Maria I guess.

Edit: I some how managed to forget the likes of Modric and Ozil. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

Great tip, I would have never thought of it... ;)

Well some would of gone for Barca to win it, infact I have just gone on oddschecker which lists the odds of 25 bookies and 11 of them have Barca as favourites to retain their title. :P

Â