The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Nope, but I will point out you are moving the point of the argument.

I guess it has got lost in translation. So what we all agree upon is that RM is a bigger brand than Utd and can attract any top player from any club. Let us leave it at that. :)

1. Real Madrid

2.Boca Juniors

3.Flamengo

4.Man United

5. River Plate

River fans will have something to say about that.

Lets have a five page debate about it! :lol:

(and please dont put words into my mouth about Real Madrid. ;)

I got you and Bof mixed up. He agrees with that comment :winkold:

Nope, but I will point out you are moving the point of the argument.

I guess it has got lost in translation. So what we all agree upon is that RM is a bigger brand than Utd and can attract any top player from any club. Let us leave it at that. :)

1. Real Madrid

2.Boca Juniors

3.Flamengo

4.Man United

5. River Plate

River fans will have something to say about that.

Boca are more iconic around the world mainly because of Maradona and the Bombonera plus they have won a lot of Copa Liberatores in last 15 years

Old Trafford is only 4,000 seats less. Unless you are talking about an intangible element of hugeness.

Put it this way, we had to queue for 4 hours to get a ticket lol and that was against Osasuna! Did you see how many of their fans turn up just for a signing? It's just my opinion, I could understand why Ronaldo went there and were being short sighted by suggesting it was the weather!

I don't get why 3 south American teams are in the top 5 in the world?

They don't have very good teams nor can they attract the best players. I don't know anyone who supports a South American team or follows that football unlike say people do with Real Madrid and Barcelona...

They don't have very good teams nor can they attract the best players. I don't know anyone who supports a South American team or follows that football unlike say people do with Real Madrid and Barcelona...

You do know...the world exists outside the UK and Europe?

The Argie and Brazilian clubs are massive in South America, Flamengo alone have 25 million fans in Brazil.

They are huge clubs, they don't attract players because the infrastructure isn't there at the moment.However Brazil is one of the biggest emerging economies in the world and will only grow stronger as the decade goes on. Will they compete with Europe for the best players in the world? Probably not, as the history is in our favour. However you will see a lot more of the South American players staying home or plying their trade in Brazil rather than flocking to Ukraine for the dosh. And this in turn can only be a good thing.

One day it'll be nice to have a world club championship that actually meant something, rather than some piss poor even in mid-december.

The Argie and Brazilian clubs are massive in South America, Flamengo alone have 25 million fans in Brazil.

They are huge clubs, they don't attract players because the infrastructure isn't there at the moment.However Brazil is one of the biggest emerging economies in the world and will only grow stronger as the decade goes on. Will they compete with Europe for the best players in the world? Probably not, as the history is in our favour. However you will see a lot more of the South American players staying home or plying their trade in Brazil rather than flocking to Ukraine for the dosh. And this in turn can only be a good thing.

One day it'll be nice to have a world club championship that actually meant something, rather than some piss poor even in mid-december.

They have attracted big names back in last 2 years like Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Adriano etc.

Plus this summer the rumour is Ronaldinho and Guti are going there

Yes but I'm very much a big clubs are right now not in history and fanbase. I believe for example currently Chelsea are bigger than Liverpool. Man City bigger than us etc....

Yes they are big clubs but at the end of the day for me, the biggest decider in the biggest current clubs are who would people join more etc....I think most people would choose alot more European teams than say Flamengo, Boca etc...standard of football is lower too. It's not this bad (so don't go, how can you compare....flamengo etc are much bigger) but like counting Rangers and Celtic as some of the biggest clubs in Europe just because of fanbase, history etc...I'm all about current time and apart from home country players, these teams will rarely attract very good players.

Yes but I'm very much a big clubs are right now not in history and fanbase. I believe for example currently Chelsea are bigger than Liverpool. Man City bigger than us etc....

Yes they are big clubs but at the end of the day for me, the biggest decider in the biggest current clubs are who would people join more etc....I think most people would choose alot more European teams than say Flamengo, Boca etc...standard of football is lower too. It's not this bad (so don't go, how can you compare....flamengo etc are much bigger) but like counting Rangers and Celtic as some of the biggest clubs in Europe just because of fanbase, history etc...I'm all about current time and apart from home country players, these teams will rarely attract very good players.

If Argentina had the money the top players would still play for big 2 there. Ask Tevez, Riquelme, Aguero all of them never wanted to leave but had to. Even Messi said he will go home and play 1 day

Yes but they don't have the money at the moment or the quality of standard and league to attract the best players at their peak hence why I don't count them in the biggest clubs in the world.

The league still has good standard hence that all the best players do end up in Europe.

They have 6 or 7 clubs in Argentina that are absolutely huge and just because they have no money doesnt make them small.

Liverpool might not have the money but they are still the 2nd biggest team in England.

They have attracted big names back in last 2 years like Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Adriano etc.

Plus this summer the rumour is Ronaldinho and Guti are going there

most of them guys went home,because they were past their best, and the decent clubs in europe didnt want them. not because they wanted to leave europe.

Made it to the Champions League final? Going up against another enormous side in the biggest game in the European club calender? Worried the players aren't up for it? What do you, Pep Guardiola, do?

Starts about a minute in and really, really is cheesey as ****.

On revista de la liga they did their best spanish league 11, what would your be?

Casillas

Albiol

Puyol

Pique

Ronaldo

Jesus Navas

Xavi

Iniesta

Silva

Villa

Messi

Thats mine with serious attacking intent....

I still don't know enough about the rest of that league to do a proper team. Players like Azpilicueta, apart from knowing he's highly rated and is in the Spanish WC squad, I haven't seen enough of them to be able to judge.

On revista de la liga they did their best spanish league 11, what would your be?

Casillas

Albiol

Puyol

Pique

Ronaldo

Jesus Navas

Xavi

Iniesta

Silva

Villa

Messi

Its extremely lop sided too!

Casillas

Albiol

Puyol

Pique

Ronaldo

Jesus Navas

Xavi

Iniesta

Silva

Villa

Messi

Its extremely lop sided too!

Not bothered how lop sided, im sure they would work it out, the other team would never get the ball for starters!!!

Â