The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Really liking how Malaga are approaching this. Plenty of men behind the ball but they are very intelligent in possession on the counter attack, not just booting it upfield for the sake of it although the goal did come from a long ball.

They're not the worst defensively either although you'd expect Barca to wear them down and nick one at some point.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I would say that might be title over :)

Real Madrid could easily drop some more points away.

That's been the good thing about the La Liga season, it's been more competitive than usual with Madrid and Barca dropping a fair few more points so the lazy assumptions they just win 5-0/6-0 every single week are no more true than Chelsea doing it given the three teams are on course for similar points totals.

• Like 1

Will the Spanish authorities have the balls to increase Neymar's ban for his sending off because of his sarcastic applause for the officials as he left the field. It quite blatantly breaks their guideline on 'showing contempt for the officials' and if it was anyone else, you know it would be going from 1 game to 3 games - but this is Neymar and this is Barcelona and this is missing the el classico - I have a feeling I know what will happen.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Tony Adams got the Granada job :crylaugh:

Bit late for an April Fool!

How on earth did he wrangle that?! 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Bit late for an April Fool!

How on earth did he wrangle that?! 

I dont get it. They are 7 points off safety but played well last week vs Barcelona

this is a kamikaze move by Granada

Alcaraz had actually got Granada winning their 6 pointers at home regularly until last few games. He's unlucky to be sacked as they were well adrift when he took over. They were poor yesterday but Valencia hit some form at long last.

Seems an odd one in many ways as Adams won't stay on to manage in the Segunda surely?

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:33, OutByEaster? said:

Will the Spanish authorities have the balls to increase Neymar's ban for his sending off because of his sarcastic applause for the officials as he left the field. It quite blatantly breaks their guideline on 'showing contempt for the officials' and if it was anyone else, you know it would be going from 1 game to 3 games - but this is Neymar and this is Barcelona and this is missing the el classico - I have a feeling I know what will happen.

Neymar 3 match ban. Out of Clasico.

• Like 3

Â