The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they have said Saturday at 3pm is their biggest international market so they have put good games on at that time now. El Clasico is on at 3pm in a few weeks time

Is it on TV?

Ah did they win it in the end...checked the score at 70 minutes and assumed Atletico would grind it out.

Villareal reel off another home win...didn't play great against Las Palmas but won it last minute through Bakumbu.

None of them are really playing that well atm...Barca were pretty fortunate to win yesterday and Real Madrid scored a late goal to beat Bilbao 2-1 tonight.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Way it's gone the less few years we should've given the homeless guy living under the Holte the managers job!

We did, apparently his name was Remi Garde :)

• 3 weeks later...

Barca lack intensity this year....I really don't think they signed well in central midfield at all particularly as Iniesta is picking up more injuries in his 30s now.

Real Madrid's league this year it looks like. It really is about time they won it again.

Suarez has been very poor in front of goal lately. Messi stands alone for them really. Celtic should have scored at least a couple of goals tonight. I agree its Real Madrid title. I don't think Villareal will get anywhere near the top 4 this season. Sevilla for me.

Sevilla's defence still doesn't convince me actually but they are finding a way to actually win away games this season....I still reckon Villareal will finish above them as they are very strong at home.

Looking at the other end of the table....Valencia are still a total mess aren't they? Bottom 5 after a third of the season...can't beat Granada at home who are miles adrift and they have Sevilla away and Real Madrid at home in next few weeks....sad decline for one of Spain's big four.

That Messi goal last night was amazing.  How he allowed himself the time for the ball to bounce back up and still control that into the near post really wowed me.  His movement off the ball to receive it was also just timed to perfection.  What an incredible talent. 

Â