General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. Celtic/Rangers and expansion of League: Not too worry!!! This idea will be put forth by a single owner at the League Meeting. There is no need to be concerned because the League would have to agree to such a move and that does not appear to be a probability. My sense is that we should not get worked up over this one...too much water would have to go over the dam to make it workable.

2. 87Leatherneck. What a surprise!! As you probably know, I commanded L/3/3 during my 2nd tour in VietNam and commanded 3/3 '83-'84. Welcome aboard and Happy Birthday!

3 A.V.F.C.: We do have a work study effort but it is highly competitive and fills up very quickly. I would recommend that your friend contact HR at Villa Park and see if anything is available.

4. sparey16: I can assure you that we will have security in the form of police at the game....we want a safe, secure, game and environment. Our security folks will work this one hard....just like we have done over the past couple of years.

5. legov: Great to hear from a fan located in one of the prettiest cities in the world...certainly one of the cleanest. We are trying hard to increase Villa exposure in the Far East. I am not sure that we are ready to travel all the way to Asia at this point.

6. Gizmo: Let me see what I can do. As you may or may not know, Tranmere Rovers were "my Club" prior to the Villa!! I know the game you are talking about.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

I was in Okinawa with Lima 3/3 in 1990. You stopped at Camp Hansen and spoke to us. My Platoon Sergeant told us that you would be Commandant one day. It is a honor to be able to speak to you on this forum. You and Randy Lerner are the reason I became a Villa fan. I watch the games every week and dream that one day I will be able to travel across the pond to see one in person. Keep up the good work. Semper Fi! and Go Browns!

PS I know that Premier League teams travel around in the offseason to play exhibition games (friendlys) any chance that Villa will play in Cleveland Browns Stadium. Seems like a natural fit to me!

6. Gizmo: Let me see what I can do. As you may or may not know, Tranmere Rovers were "my Club" prior to the Villa!! I know the game you are talking about.

Now you've started something sir! There is so much unreleased footage of Villa from the 70s and 80s in particular that I would love to see. Various games come to mind, but one glaring omission from the footage currently available are the two legs of the European Super Cup Final 1982-83 against Barcelona. Brief highlights appear in various sources, but not the whole games. I know the games were not as good as the second replay, but as a supporter in my late 20s, I have not seen anything of the League Cup Final 1977 at Wembley or the first replay at Hillsborough. I mean, Villa scored (actually it was an og!) in a Final in the television era and I've never seen it.

Otherwise, I reckon supporters could give you a list as long as your arm, but Brian Little's hattrick against QPR at Highbury in the League Cup Semi-Final replay was pretty special. Perhaps a structured, orderly year by year release of favourite games from that era would allow folks to build their collections and be an innovative new merchandising intiative for the club.

There are many games where fans can see the highlights but I'm sure would love to have the whole game (after all, the whole games were filmed), for example the victory over Liverpool in 1980-81.

Anyway, you get the picture, as it were!

All the best,

Stephen

General

You really have started something, as has Stephen Evans. I quote --

"Otherwise, I reckon supporters could give you a list as long as your arm, but Brian Little's hattrick against QPR at Highbury in the League Cup Semi-Final replay was pretty special."

You may gather from my name I'm a bit of a fan of the "son of God" - (Brian Little) - I missed that game because I was away at University. I think I would personally pay the production costs of that DVD.

General Krulak here:

1. 87leatherneck: We did get over to the US a couple of summers ago...it is a bit early to determine the summer plans for this coming summer. If and when you decide to come to Villa Park, please let me know.

2. DVD's: There is no question that you all have brought up a good idea and we will be looking at what can be done in that area. One DVD with several games and goals would be a great thing to put out.

General, I don't know if this issue has been discussed much on here, but I noticed these in the Matchday thread:

So i guess 2nd half we were good too right? I saw the first half and I was just smiling all the time as I felt it was going really well, great performance.

My mate got kicked out of the ground just on half time for standing up, I didnt want to leave him waiting outside on his own for the coach so went out and thought I would see it on TV in a pub but noooo.

Was a great day out and fantastic to see a hammering being dished out from our boys.

That happened to me and my mates against Pompey. We got kicked out by about 30 stewards and coppers for the crime of standing up on a back row in the lower Witton Lane, rebels eh!? No wonder the atmosphere is shit.

Obviously we don't know the circumstances, but I hope the stewards are not being heavy-handed.

Nothing spoils the enjoyment of something more than being at the mercy of officious busybodies, whether they're poorly-recruited nightclub bouncers, poorly-recruited policemen or poorly-recruited match stewards.

I know that if I were kicked out of the stadium for anything but actual antisocial behaviour, it would leave a very bad taste, and I probably wouldn't be back for quite a while. Why should people face a scolding when they pay to watch the team they support?

I stress that I don't know anything about the circumstances mentioned in these posts, but clearly people are feeling aggrieved. Seeing as the stewards are the public face of the club on matchdays, I hope Aston Villa are doing everything they can to employ stewards who try to send everyone home happy (rather than just throw their own weight around).

I would just like to echo these concerns about the stewarding at Villa Park recently, it appears the aim of some is to make an example out of anyone, never seems to be the REAL troublemakers though

General, I don't know if this issue has been discussed much on here, but I noticed these in the Matchday thread:

So i guess 2nd half we were good too right? I saw the first half and I was just smiling all the time as I felt it was going really well, great performance.

My mate got kicked out of the ground just on half time for standing up, I didnt want to leave him waiting outside on his own for the coach so went out and thought I would see it on TV in a pub but noooo.

Was a great day out and fantastic to see a hammering being dished out from our boys.

That happened to me and my mates against Pompey. We got kicked out by about 30 stewards and coppers for the crime of standing up on a back row in the lower Witton Lane, rebels eh!? No wonder the atmosphere is shit.

Obviously we don't know the circumstances, but I hope the stewards are not being heavy-handed.

Nothing spoils the enjoyment of something more than being at the mercy of officious busybodies, whether they're poorly-recruited nightclub bouncers, poorly-recruited policemen or poorly-recruited match stewards.

I know that if I were kicked out of the stadium for anything but actual antisocial behaviour, it would leave a very bad taste, and I probably wouldn't be back for quite a while. Why should people face a scolding when they pay to watch the team they support?

I stress that I don't know anything about the circumstances mentioned in these posts, but clearly people are feeling aggrieved. Seeing as the stewards are the public face of the club on matchdays, I hope Aston Villa are doing everything they can to employ stewards who try to send everyone home happy (rather than just throw their own weight around).

I would just like to echo these concerns about the stewarding at Villa Park recently, it appears the aim of some is to make an example out of anyone, never seems to be the REAL troublemakers though

Totally agree with the comment about stewards ignoring the real issues. They don't want the hassle it's easier to chuck someone out for standing up. I can recall half a dozen "incidents" that have been ignored in the lower holte in the last 2 seasons. As for standing, why is it so outlawed at villa park. When I buy tickets for the NIA or NEC to watch a gig there is a notice on the ticket stating that people may stand around you. What's the difference?

General Krulak here:

1. leemond2008: A couple of thoughts: 1) a Villa toothbrush...my grandson loved it. 2) a Villa cup to drink from...again, a big hit from my youngster. If you want to go a bit "bigger", try Villa bed sheets.

2. Stewards: I've got this for action.

General, i'd also like to echo the sentiment regarding our marketing, I live in the Middle East (Qatar) and there is not one Villa top to be spotted anywhere, in the Nike shops or anywhere else. Where as this is slightly understandable due to my location, what isn't is that on several occasions I have requested people to find me some in London and once again they are no where to be found. Nor in Asia, and even in locations in the states such as New york and Houston.

I have got villa stuff in London in the Nike shop on Oxford street(or close by) or a football shop in Covent Garden which has a lot of Villa gear (also some SHA gear as well) if you request from London again ask to try them stores

General,

I know may people my age have posted here before about the need for a ticket price between adults and children, but as I have a season ticket, I feel I get a fair price. However, it is not the home tickets that I am that fussed about, it is the away tickets. For example, for the Man United game a child's ticket is £15, an adults ticket is £42, a £27 difference. Now, if i get the train, it then means because I am 17 I have to pay adult for that aswell, which is £20. So thats £62 before I even get there, then plus spending money, its £80, if I'm lucky. There is some exceptions to this, as I'm sure Middlesbrough did a young adult ticket last season, which saved me a few quid, but still, it's a farce. I know you don't have control over clubs, but surely that something has to be done!

Thanks, Ryan.

General Krulak here:

1. Milfner: You raise a point that has been commented on before...but with a slightly different twist to it. The away ticket scheme is a tough one because it requires both Clubs to agree on ticket prices. I won't go into a long spiel on this issue other than to say that the last time I entered the discussion of away ticket prices it resulted in a bit of a dust up over wrestling, pigs and mud. Forgive me if I sort of duck this one as I am not sure I could handle another go around with the media.

General Krulak here:

1. Milfner: You raise a point that has been commented on before...but with a slightly different twist to it. The away ticket scheme is a tough one because it requires both Clubs to agree on ticket prices. I won't go into a long spiel on this issue other than to say that the last time I entered the discussion of away ticket prices it resulted in a bit of a dust up over wrestling, pigs and mud. Forgive me if I sort of duck this one as I am not sure I could handle another go around with the media.

But General we loved you even more for that! :D

General Krulak here:

1. MonsXI: Spoken like a true fan...but it sure was bloody for awhile.

2. Today we went live with phase one of our new Official Site and our eticketing. I hope everyone takes a bit of time to see the work that has been accomplished by the partnership of our new Head of IT and our Ticketing Office. The site is far easier to navigate and incorporates many of the suggestions made by you, the fans. This is ONLY phase one. We know we still have a distance to go but we are on the way and making good progress. At the end of this summer, we will have the best site in the Premiership.

I won't go into a long spiel on this issue other than to say that the last time I entered the discussion of away ticket prices it resulted in a bit of a dust up over wrestling, pigs and mud.

:notworthy:

General,

I have a question about the auctions for the `Poppy` shirts. The decision to auction them for

charity is good, but i can not understand why it was split between Acorns and Help for Hereos and

not between Acorns and the Royal British Legion who run with the `Poppy` appeal.

The Royal British Legion do more for the forces over here (yes i am a current serving member) but

H4H is just more publiscised by the SUN. I just feel the RBL should have been the rightful receiptiant

of the proceeds as it is there `Poppy` appeal the shirts were utilising and raising awarness for.

Lest we forget

General,

In a hypothetical, if a player comes back into a team in any sport and is integral to a 5-1 win, the biggest of the sides win to date that season, then is dropped immediately, what message do you think this sends out tplayers with regards to favouritism and being able to keep your place? Personally I think it is poor form to say the least, and i would hypothetically be absolutely fuming if I were the victimised player, especially as I would have done all sorts in my time here to play, including numerous times out of position.

Your thoughts?