General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

Not posting much because manically busy but one of NW Villa fans approached me today @ Burnley game & asked if I'd post to you that he'd been in the Nike store in Manchester & there wasn't even a pair of Villa socks for sale!.. Nike should know that there are some Villa fans in the NW area & we should have a presence in the shop.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Tough game at Burnley. They obviously do a great job of "defending their house." I watched their game against ManU on the telly and knew we would find them a strong team at home. We need to have the same sense about our "house." I thought the second half we had the best of the game but could not say the same about the first half. A point is a point and I will take it. Now, we need to get 3 points this coming weekend.

2. Hypothetical: It would be very easy to answer with the obvious...but I would be like those who like to live in the hypothetical. I just DON'T know what the manager knows...about the players, the opponents, what the films have shown about the opposition, the physical condition of the players, etc. etc. etc. I just don't think that I know enough to take the hypothetical and turn that into an actual.

3. Nike should have our kit in every store.

Hi general I know we don't know what it's like in training, what about the opponents and what not but I'd love to state some simple facts really, what I'd love to be shown to Mon (I do think he's a very good manager and right for the job BTW)

Our last 20 away games going on from last year:

Starting 4-5-1: 7 Wins in 7 (Arsenal, Everton, Sunderland, Hull City, West Ham, Liverpool, Blues)

Starting 4-4-2: 2 Wins in 13 games (Blackburn, Portsmouth) and then draws (Bolton, Middlesbrough, Everton, Wolves, Burnley) and losses (Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Fulham, Blackburn, West Ham)

Would he not be interested in these stats? I mean we can say what we like about the opponents videos and what not but at the end of the day, those stats are pretty conclusive in what were more successful with.

General Krulak here:

1. AVFC-Prideofbrum: Please let me assure you that all the statistics you have commented on plus MUCH, MUCH, more are kept at Bodymoor Heath. The detail of individual, squad and formation statistics would amaze you. Seriously, you would be surprised at the technology employed to determine who has done what in every single game we have played over the past few years. On top of the statistics that are extremely accurate and complete, the Manager and his Coaches have film, personal observation at practices and during games, a sense of the fitness of the players, a good sense of our opponents based, again, on films and scouting. With all of this input, MON makes his decisions as to who is playing and what formation. Fans have every right in the world to question the Manager...the Fan pays for the ticket and has the right to question. At the same time, the same Fans need to understand that the Manager is working with a great deal more information than the Fans.

Hello Gen

Just a quick gripe about the new look on the OS

In short, its bloody awful.

Its a complete assault on the eyeballs, i think it might be the red, i dunno but it seems very... ahem LOUD

I know its sort of a work in progress, and I know everyone will have different tastes, but it just seems a little too harsh on the eyes, so much so I find it hard to read.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same, perhaps there could be a poll?

Its a complete assault on the eyeballs, i think it might be the red, i dunno but it seems very... ahem LOUD

I think it might be your eyes mate, there is no red. :lol:

I know its sort of a work in progress, and I know everyone will have different tastes, but it just seems a little too harsh on the eyes, so much so I find it hard to read.

White against claret and black against white is hard to read? I think it's definitely your eyes.

I dont know if anyone else feels the same, perhaps there could be a poll?

Good idea. If only I knew how...

For the record, I like it and fully trust you when you say it'll be the best in the league when finished, you've more than earned it General.

Anyway, the reason I came to this thread is that I've been told that you can't get a discount on names and numbering on shirts from the club shops with your season ticket.

Is there a reason for this? I can't really see why it's any different to any other product. I know this is a small detail but I just thought I'd ask on the off chance you knew.

Thanks.

General, The FA's website is listing our FA Youth Cup tie as being played on the 12th December at 19:00, this would mean it kicks off whilst the first team are still winning at Old Trafford.

A number of people would like to follow the youth cup team and I believe that FA rules say that games are played at the home ground of the home team so this would be at Villa Park. If we're playing at Old Trafford when it kicks off, Villa Park will be empty (and expensively empty)

Can you confirm if that kick off time is correct?

General Krulak here:

1. TonyDaley: The decision re. Help for Heroes and the auction was made in conjunction with acorns and members of the Villa staff. It was NOT to denigrate the efforts of the Royal British Legion who have been the soul of the campaign...it was to recognize (a one time affair) the work of HFH.

2. The Official Site: There is no one at Villa Park that doesn't recognize that our OS needs work. We hired a very talented individual to help us in our effort. He is moving in the exact direction we wanted him to move. He is focused on the infrastructure of the site whilst making some "tweaks" to make things better in the short run. We have limited resources to work on the site and we certainly do not want to get into the outsourcing business. The majority of the infrastructure work will be done this summer and will bring the type of change that we are all looking for. I would simply ask for patience as we address this issue.

3. OutbyEaster: Let me look into the FA Youth Cup tie issue....my sense is that the times were set based upon availability of the pitch and in agreement with those who were organizing the tie.

Hi General

I see that Brums bid to be a host city for the World Cup has gone in with Villa Park as the proposed venue. I assume that for it to be a serious bid with the likelihood of winning some games, it would have to contain some fairly concrete (no Pun intended) proposals for the upgrading of Villa Park?

Do you know when such details might be released to the general public and are any developments of Villa Park contained in this document only subject to the bid being successful?

Many thanks

General Krulak here:

1. OutbyEaster: I checked with the FA and they have the wrong date for the FA Youth Cup on their website. It will not be played whilst we are playing ManU.

2. The Browns: It is really very sad. This was definitely NOT the season that was expected. We have a better team than we have seen on Sundays. Randy has provided the money for the players and has put a good staff together. My sense is that it will finally come together but not in time for this season to be a success. The NFL is not like the PL...in almost every way. It has been hard on Randy and the Browns' Fans. They are no different than Fans around the world...they want to see their team win. When it doesn't happen, it isn't very pretty.

General with money tight and attendances down for certain games resulting in empty seats in the corners of the Lower Holte why are these tickets not sold at vastly reduced prices.

To me for all our games the one stand that should never have empty seats is The Holte (Upper & Lower).

I know we are not the most expensive to watch but I still feel football match tickets whether us or other teams are way too expensive.

A cheaper priced ticket and a full stadium increases revenue from food and merchandise and the fact you have hooked people to return on a regular basis.

I guess you would argue footballers wages have to be paid and ticket prices reflect this situation but the fan base is the the only way a football club will survive and pricing more and more people out of watching live football will be the death of the great game.