General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hey General;

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Can I ask how long our contract is going to be with Nike and will we be having a long-term contract with Nike like Arsenal, Barcelona and Man United have? It'd be great if we could be with Nike for a long time because of course, Nike is the best around when it comes to making football kits for clubs and I think it increases the club's profile even more when people see the Nike swoosh on our shirts.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Hope you are on the mend.

I hate to be negative about anything to do with the matchday experience at Villa Park but yesterday was the first time I came away feeling really frustrated, and it was nothing to do with the game. I sit in the lower North Stand in block R2 and from the first minute the security team were telling us to sit down, giving us no reason to do so. After around 10 minutes people in my area we're getting angry which led to a tense atomsphere. The police were called and a few fans were taken away. The Tottenham fans in the lower Doug Ellis were all standing up with no stewards telling them to sit down. When we questioned the security staff they said "We've got to sort you lot out first." Now as a season ticket holder for many years this is un-acceptable. I don't go to the villa to be spoken to like a 3 year old. I have sat in the Lower North Stand for two seasons and standing has never been an issue before. Block R3 to my right stood throughout the game and didn't have any stewards/security telling them to sit down.

I know it's difficult for you at the moment being away from the club, but could you tell me who I need to speak to about this?? I want to go to Villa Park and watch the football, not worry if a fight is going to break out between fans and security staff. Needless to say the atmosphere yesterday was nowhere near as good as it normally is for a big game.

Thanks a lot

Hi general I came on to complain about a similar thing to binireduk. I'm in R4 lower north and at thefront one steward was literally picking on one man. Whenever stand up if you love the villa was sung most the miserable people at the front would sit but he was joining in, now no one told us off but this steward was literally shouting at this guy. He was sat behing the goal left side facing the stand. It was disgusting to watch.

Also are there any plans for metal queue bars like in the holte because the amount of queue pushing is ridiculous.

Many thanks for your time and I hope you are well!

General Krulak here:

1. benireduk: My recommendation is that you notify Mr. John Handley (Hd of Security) at Villa Park. Be prepared to lay out exactly what took place and focus a clearly as possible where the events took place so John can narrow down the stewards who might have participated in this...to include the away seats.

2. Unfortunately, I was unable to view the game yesterday. I hope to see the replay today or tomorrow. I have read the game threads on 3 sites and confess that it sounds very discouraging...a game of two halves...that is for sure. As a fan, I am hesitant to comment on the game until I see what took place. Obviously, the overwhelming comments don't fill me with a good feeling....I need to see it.

Hi General,

Yesterday's game was on of two halves. We had the better of the first half but we were totally outplayed by Spurs in the second.

I would also like to complain about the Stewarding down in the North Stand Lower. We are sort of used to sitting when we play the likes of Wigan, Bolton, Fulham etc, simply because they only bring a few hundred fans and they seem to remain controlled. However, whenever we play a side with a bigger following, that take up the both tiers in the Doug Ellis, the away fans ALWAYS stand throughout the whole of the game. it seems that the stewards don't have any intention at all of making these people sit, yet they walk up and down the steps like the gestapo telling our fans to sit and spoil our viewing of the game. How are we supposed to be able to see when there are 4 or 5 stewards standing on the steps blocking the view? Now I know you may question why people are standing in the first place but surely you can understand it when the away fans are all standing!

At one stage of the game yesterday, I looked up and literally counted 2 orange jackets in each tier among the Spurs fans. How the hell are 4 people going to get around 3,000 to sit? Yet, we must have had over a dozen stewards down in our corner of the stand, all trying to get us to sit down. They start at the bottom of the stand and walk their way up the steps trying to sit us all down but they then block the view.

My brother says that he is seriously considering whether or not it is worth buying a season ticket next season, simply because of the stewards intent on ruining the viewing pleasure. I heard lots of others saying alike during yesterday's game. Tempers are fraying down in that part of the ground and I saw fans becoming very irate yesterday.

Sorry for such a negative post but this is becoming a real issue.

Agree with the posts re the Lower North stewarding.

This only seems have happened in the last couple of games. Someone is obviously trying to make a name for himself at Stalag Steward

General Krulak here:

1. benireduk: My recommendation is that you notify Mr. John Handley (Hd of Security) at Villa Park. Be prepared to lay out exactly what took place and focus a clearly as possible where the events took place so John can narrow down the stewards who might have participated in this...to include the away seats.

2. Unfortunately, I was unable to view the game yesterday. I hope to see the replay today or tomorrow. I have read the game threads on 3 sites and confess that it sounds very discouraging...a game of two halves...that is for sure. As a fan, I am hesitant to comment on the game until I see what took place. Obviously, the overwhelming comments don't fill me with a good feeling....I need to see it.

Thanks for the quick reply general. I'll try and speak to John tomorrow.

As someone that goes to away games, im really not fussed aout away fans standing up as its what i do, and most away fans do. But getting hassle from a steward at a home game isnt acceptable, is it so they can say they tried to make us sit down? Considering when Spurs scored their fans spilled onto the pitch, maybe our stewards should of focussed more on controlling their fans and keeping them off our pitch?

General

On Saturday the Villa loudspeaker volume was painfully high in the lower DE refreshment concourse completely over powering the TV sound. I understand this is part of the safety procedures but ignoring the fact it blanked out the TV output it was impossible to hold a conversation with my family.

I agree with all the people moaning about being told to sit down. It's got to the point now where home matches dont really appeal to me very much because of the poor atmosphere due to everyone being seated.

This.

Everyone standing is far safer than half and half anyway...

General Krulak here:

1. I have received numerous comments about the stewards...away fans section...standing...etc. I have had them on two web sites as a result of this game. I have asked John Handley to go onto both sites and read what has been posted so that he can get a better feel for what the environment was at the game...and what it has been in the past. John is a good man and will take these comments in the way they have been intended.

2. fran_villa: John will also make sure that your comment on the leak is addressed. Thanks.

General, 1st time poster to yourself, more of a watcher. Just to echo the comments re- standing in the north stand

When i asked the steward why they were removing vila fans from the ground for standing up whilst the spurs fans were left alone, he answered 'its not my problem what happens in that stand, i'm just here to sort this one'

Now surely all the tickets are supplied by avfc, so the rules are the same for everyone?

When you are seeing your own fans getting removed whilst the opposing fans are left to stand, it does grate a bit to say the least.

Thanks for taking the time out to listen

General Krulak here:

1. I have had communications with John Handley, Hd. of Security, and he has looked at this thread and another and understands the issue with the stewards. Obviously the stewards have a tough job but they must be fair and consistent across the board. John will get on this one.

General,

On October 8th i posted this in your thread:

General (or others if you are ITK!),

I am flying in from the USA for the Burnley and Liverpool games, Ive tried to email Nicky Keye, and also Katrina Admason who was so helpful the last time i flew across for a game. I know they must be busy, i just like to get my ducks in a row!

What is the best way for a overseas traveller to get tickets for these games, i realise i may just be able to walk up and buy for the Burnley game, but coming all that way on the 'off chance' doesnt sit well with me!

I do have family members in Brum, but wanted to get some of these family tickets as a surprise/gift.

Pm me if you need my details to pass on to those who could help.

Cheers

Dom

For Burnley, should have read Stoke game!

Just thought id let you know if the difficulty i have in obtaining tickets for the Stoke game on 19th Dec.

* On October 8th i received an email from Katrina Adamson (who has been helpful) facilitating the process of being able to buy tickets.

* On October 30th I got a response from Katrina asking me to email general sales and quote David Harper-Smith, and Scott Paul. Which i did.

* On Nov emeber 11th the Very helpful Phil Moore took my 2 bookings (Uncle who has always sent me Villa stuff in post while i have been in America and my Dad who is driving 3 hours up from Weymouth) for 1874 hospitality packages at a wonderful price. Still no reply from my general email about regular Stoke tickets.

* Middle of Nov still not heard from anybody so asked Phil Moore to see if he could get somebody to contact me. He did so.

* On Nov 23rd still not heard from anybody so emailed Phil again, he was very prompt in reply and had said he will chase them down for me again.

* Now 1st of December, still no contact from anybody.

Dont really want you to do anything General, dont even know if this is normal waiting time, But when im flying thousands of miles and specifically taking time off work to follow the Villa, the thought of not being able to sort tickets out after nearly 2 months of trying has left me a bit baffled. Especially when i managed to get the more expensive tickets booked within 24 hours (great job to Phil Moore again).

Guess i will just chance my arm of buying 3 tickets for me, my girlfriend and my cousin at the door.

Cheers

Dom

General,

It is absolutely excellent news that we have made it through to the semi finals of the leagu cup for the first time under Randy's stewardship, so please pass on my compliments to Martin et al and wish them luck for the forthcoming fixtures. Over 2 legs I think we stand a good chance. I hope you enjoy it too and maybe we will see you over here for the final should your health allow it.

Hi General,

Hope you are on the mend.

I hate to be negative about anything to do with the matchday experience at Villa Park but yesterday was the first time I came away feeling really frustrated, and it was nothing to do with the game. I sit in the lower North Stand in block R2 and from the first minute the security team were telling us to sit down, giving us no reason to do so. After around 10 minutes people in my area we're getting angry which led to a tense atomsphere. The police were called and a few fans were taken away. The Tottenham fans in the lower Doug Ellis were all standing up with no stewards telling them to sit down. When we questioned the security staff they said "We've got to sort you lot out first." Now as a season ticket holder for many years this is un-acceptable. I don't go to the villa to be spoken to like a 3 year old. I have sat in the Lower North Stand for two seasons and standing has never been an issue before. Block R3 to my right stood throughout the game and didn't have any stewards/security telling them to sit down.

I know it's difficult for you at the moment being away from the club, but could you tell me who I need to speak to about this?? I want to go to Villa Park and watch the football, not worry if a fight is going to break out between fans and security staff. Needless to say the atmosphere yesterday was nowhere near as good as it normally is for a big game.

Thanks a lot

Hi General,

I have just had Paul Owen's call me from security regarding the above. Whilst it's a bit of a sensitive subject at the moment, I thought he explained the reasons behind the stewards new approach well and I think the next action should hopefully sort things out. Just wanted to let you know that he's doing a decent job!!

Thanks