General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

On Saturday afternoon i had the pleasure of going into the Holte Suite for the first time this season.

It is difficult to summise how i felt upon entering the suite but I made a promise to myself that regardless of the result to follow, I would come on here and offer my upmost thanks. The suite was presented Beautifully, and the Staff members were an absolute credit to the club. It was very clear to me that the American concept of the how the service sector should be ran was being reflected in the suite. Evey person was presented with pride and had a smile on their face. In the past i have felt that the suite seems a little bit elitist and unwelcoming, but on this occasion i could not have been more impressed. Rarely have i experienced such quality of service in this country, particularly from a place which ive only gone into in order to enjoy a Pork Roll and a Pint. I Genuinly felt extremely proud of the club.

I felt it was important to give some positive feedback in light of some of the negative comments. Please accept my upmost thanks and pass on my upmost thanks to all who deserve it.

Paul

Hi General,

Do hope that you're OK over there.

This question may have been asked before, and I apologise if this is so.

Can I ask what the Board's plans are for Villa Park re. the North Stand re-development ?

Can I cheekily suggest that it is re-named to say, The Ron Saunders End / Stand?

Also, it would make the ground a lot more atmospheric if all the corners were filled in around the ground - if only with glass / windows.

Fab win against Cardiff, bring on whoever we draw next !

Many thanks,

Tim

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. I apologize for being away from this important fan site for so long. I have one more series of tests to go and then I hope I get the green light from the doctors. I miss the Villa...I miss the Fans...I miss my walkabouts before, during, and after the games. "I shall return."

2. I was able to see the game on the telly yesterday and if my gut was not already in a shambles from all the tests I have had, I would say that I was gutted. We go up early and then see a team that is not as good as us win. Very disappointing. I can assure each of you that the lads are not real happy over what happened either!! I cannot and will not make excuses...for there are no excuses. We just need to play better...simple as that. The Liverpool game was not a fluke...our lads can play that good. We just need consistency and that is what the Manager and Coaches are looking for too.

3. yellow card: I am not sure what to say to your comment. I was not at the training ground during the week...did not have the opportunity to look at recent game films...did not have a chance to speak to any of the scouts who scouted the opponents...did not have a sense of who was having a good week of practice...etc. etc.

4. Again, I am sorry I have not been on the site as often as I want. As soon as I get the green light from my doctor, I will get all your important questions answered.

Hi General, it’s good to read that you are well on the road to recovery and will soon be back at Villa Park.

As you’ve quoted him, may I ask if you ever had the pleasure of meeting Douglas MacArthur or indeed the ‘best clerk’ he ever had?

I know General, anyway you can stop calling me yellow card from now on ;)

My comment was out of fustration and I know training and everything, but I still don't get it. Last year we went 11 unbeaten using a 4-5-1 formation against all sorts of teams, which showed it's a formation that can be used in all sorts of terms, we used 4-4-2 against all sorts of teams and lost alot of games and won 2 in about 16...We started this season in a 4-4-2 formation, we lost. We changed to 4-5-1, we beat Liverpool, we beat Fulham, we started it against Blues changed to 4-4-2 which won the game, Portsmouth at home won 2-0, without being disrespectful to Portsmouth, well 7 losses is a Premiership record, we hardly needed to be good. Away from home, 4-4-2, we lose and what's more annoying is, O'Neill bringing on Heskey to play him left midfield, a position he doesn't even play in, moving a left winger to the right and right midfielder to the centre, the game was crying out for someone to win the ball in midfield and he left that Man on the bench.

I love Mon and the work he's done and still think he's the man to take us forward but I just don't see how he can't see the obvious.....3 wins in a 4-4-2 formation in about 18 games, or what, 10 wins and 3 draws in a 4-5-1 formation over the past 9 months....

Also, it would make the ground a lot more atmospheric if all the corners were filled in around the ground - if only with glass / windows.

Definitely this. Even if we don't put seats in, filling in all the corners with glass would help keep the sound in, and would look good aswell.

Good to hear from you again General! Keep up the recovery and get back down the Villa as soon as you can.

Have to say General, the comments about 4-5-1 are pretty much spot on. You say that Martin sees what we see, so how come he doesn't realise that this formation is one that proves very fruitful for our team? I guess he sees something different in training, or maybe he feels that Delph is the one to play alongside Petrov in the 4-4-2 and wants to see if this can develop. Whatever the reason, he cannot deny that the stats are against his decision to change the formation to a 4-4-2. Man City play a 4-5-1 and will give us a hiding if we play 4-4-2 against them, in my opinion.

Gabby plays so much better when he is alone up front. Probably because he has more room to move about in and has more chance to use his pace. By the way, how do you feel about Gabby's re-discovered form? He looks very sharp in front of goal, don't you think?

Keep up the great work General - Up The Villa!

Every day last week I’ve been saying to myself that I wanted to write this, and after Saturday’s result perhaps I’ve missed the opportunity to do so, but I think it’s probably worth saying anyway.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to explain to you why some fans may be staying away – and that it wasn’t just a thing that was happening because we hadn’t been getting results since January time. It was brilliant for me to have the chance to release some of that steam I had building up inside me, and it’s to the credit of this football club and yourself that we have the opportunity to do that.

I found it all rather amusing, that after I had written my post, that we then not only went on to put out the best performance that we’ve produced since the thrashing of small heath, but gone on to have a brilliant run of form. I find it even more amusing that during the last six weeks or so, the factors which the club had control on which was making me so downhearted – perhaps that’s a little overdramatic but I can’t think of a better word – just simply weren’t happening anymore.

We changed tactics, went to a different plan and looked good. We even changed mid-game against Portsmouth without doing the ‘take off one right back for someone who is out of position’ thing that was so infuriating. The team looked focused, energetic and that they wanted to win the game more than the opposition.

We finally brought in players too. Whilst they weren’t the type of players who will get my heart racing with excitement (I’ll leave any further judgement of players our of this thread as it’s not fair on your or the players of the squad), Randy once against provided Martin O’Neill with a lot of money to spend and hopefully we’ll see this bare fruit in terms of trophy success. As many others have often said on this thread, we’re very lucky to have a chairman who offers our Manager such sums to spend on transfers every year.

It does seem over the past week we seem to have slid back into formations and tactical decisions that haven’t worked, with the thinking behind them seeming a little bizarre to myself but let’s put down Blackburn as a ‘slip’ for now. This team seems to perform better under pressure and with that poor result on Saturday hopefully they will make amends for it on Monday night.

I hope that your recovery continues but you better make sure you are 100% - as I’m sure you’ve experienced it can get very cold for some of those games in the December nights!

General

Glad to see you back in circulation and hopefully you will soon be with us at Villa Park.

I have supported the club since 1963, when my Dad first took me (beat Liverpoll 2-0) and been a season ticket holder since 1980. I don't think I have ever asked the club for anything but I need a little bit of help.

My brother in law (big Villa fan)is currently battling cancer and he has had a kidney removed and part of his liver. Now the "bloody useless NHS" have finally found the cause and he faces a third operation to remove some of his bowel.

I have decided that a good luck card signed by Martin and the boys will give him a bit of a lift but I don't know how to make it happen. I have tried in the past to get cards signed for people but it has never worked.

If I get a card, could you tell me who to send it to at Villa Park with the details. I don't really want him to know I have had anything to do with it. It will be more of a surprise if it just arrives in the post.

Hope you can help. I appreciate the club must get loads of requests like this and so if it isn't possible - don't worry. Thanks

Definitely this. Even if we don't put seats in, filling in all the corners with glass would help keep the sound in, and would look good aswell.

Last week, on the Holte, we couldn't hear the Cardiff fans and they couldn't hear us !

Whenever we're on TV the Holte End ( due to its construction which we all love) cannot be heard.

This makes for dilution of atmosphere at VP.

Would be nice to see what the General thinks.

Hi General hope you are doing well..

Next time you bump into Martin please do me a big favour and pass him this!

Oaks wrote:

Since 15th November 2008.

4-5-1

Games Played = 12

Games Won = 9

Games Drawn = 3

Games Lost = 0

Win percentage 75%

Goals For 22 (1.83 per game)

Goals Against 9 (0.75 per game)

4-4-2

Games Played = 17

Games Won = 4

Games Drawn = 6

Games Lost = 7

Win Percentage 23.5%

Goals for 17 (1 per game)

Goals Against 26(1.53 per game)

Not rocket science what formation to play :bang:

no i dont think they do believe he will pass on their words of wisdom to MON, it is just one way of getting there thoughts across and venting frustrations

the general has said he wants the good and the bad and wont hide from any questions (albeit that some he will choose not to answer)

plus i'm sure it makes a change for him to read about something that doesn't involve the state of the catering in the doug ellis stand ;-)