General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General, just a quick compliment regarding the ticket office this morning.

Im a season ticket holder, with only 1 away to my name. I was looking forward to the chance of getting a wolves ticket today as they went on sale to season ticket holders. My mom rang up (as im still at 6th form) at 9am when they opened to try and ensure i got one. She was told i needed 3 AWAYS on my season ticket - this was INCORRECT information. We left it ten minutes to ring back, and they had sold out but was told i could of had one if they had any left.

Can you please try and get the staff or whoever does the bloody telephone lines to sort it out! They have lost me the chance of gaining my second away as my last season ticket holder year (due to uni next year). I hope this information and compliment gets passed to the right people.

James

(sparey16)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear General Krulak;

My question appears that it'd be more directed to the managerial side of things... but since I don't have MON's contact info I think it'd be best if you could be able to answer this for me. :winkold:

My question is regarding the FA and League Cup. We won't be winning the league any time soon and I think it's going to be too difficult to de-throne one of the Sky 4 because we don't have the financial capabilities and backing of the Sky 4 and Manchester City albeit I think MON is a much better manager than Mark Hughes. If we can't be winning the league and playing Champions League football, why do we never seem interested in the Carling Cup and FA Cup? The FA Cup is the biggest domestic cup in World Football without a shadow of a doubt and I'd much rather win that than opposed to finishing 4th in the league. In the last two years of the FA Cup and Carling Cup we've seen Portsmouth win the FA Cup, Everton reaching the final knocking out us, Liverpool and Man United on the way to the final and Tottenham reaching the final of the Carling Cup in two successive year's winning it once. Aston Villa used to have such a massive pedigree and dominance in the FA Cup many, many years ago and haven't won it since 1957 which is just not good enough. We haven't won anything since 1996 and I'd really like to see us start making a revival in both the FA Cup and Carling Cup under MON because this club is in desperate need of a cup or trophy and if MON can win the League Cup twice with Leicester I can think of a 101 reasons why he should be winning either trophy with us. Instead of MON talking about how the FA Cup means a lot to him and how it's someting he'd 'love' to win - why doesn't he just go out and win it?

Instead of MON talking about how the FA Cup means a lot to him and how it's someting he'd 'love' to win - why doesn't he just go out and win it?

Indeed.

Can I take this thread slightly off topic too? I assume you know more about President Obama than I do General, but we need to talk about world peace.

Instead of Obama ta talking about how world peace means a lot to him and how it's something he'd 'love' to achieve - why doesn't he just go out and negotiate it?

General Krulak here:

1. Trajan: I have never met General MacArthur.

2. Spacey6: As I have always indicated, when things get tough with the Ticket Office...when you have an issue that needs 1) rapid attentions or 2) involves policy, please call Nicky Keye or Nicola Salt. They are in the best position to sort things out.

3. vojskovada: I can assure you, MON and the Board ARE interested in winning Silverware!! We DO believe in the value of raising the Carling Cup and the FA Cup. Equally important, we also believe in the "Bright Future" and are NOT writing off the chance of winning the Premiership or raising the European Cup. We have NOT lowered our goals in any area. We are also not naive...we know what we are up against...specifically in the areas of funding, etc.

4. The_Rev: I would agree that World Peace is the goal for everyone...from politicians to the military to the man or woman on the street. I would not agree that World Peace is the purview of one person..ie, President Obama. Obviously, as President of the United States he carries great capability to help bring peace but he needs the support of more than his own Nation. He needs support from the Nations of the World. Additionally, we should always keep in the back of our minds the simple thought that there are, in fact, those who do NOT want peace and will fight to avoid that outcome.

General,

two posts in two days...great.......a very big welcome back to the fold....you have been missed.

Onto my question, catering.....i went to the catering kiosk in the upper Trinity before the Man Citeh game and asked for a black coffee to be told that ''we dont sell it''.....i then asked for a black tea....''dont sell that either''....(as you can probably tell by now i dont have any milk in my drinks)....i questioned this further to be told that all of the pre packed tea and coffee drinks contain powdered milk......surely we can offer to sell a combination of drinks with or without milk?....after all, all the staff have to do is apply hot water to the cup!!

General, please see what you can do on this one.

All the best

Hi General.

Unfortunetly another complaint about the official site. This time about the reporting in the Media watch news article. I would have thought the the point of this article is contain any mention on AV in the press either good or bad. But obviously I was wrong.

Today the main footballing story in the press and media is regarding Emile Heskey's comments about possibily having to move on to ensure his world cup place. But is that mentioned in the Media watch? No.

While we know the press often see stories where there isn't one, it insults the intelligence of AV fans to just ignore these stories and just print all the good news.

The official site should print the good and the bad and let us make up our minds.

On another point, good to see you back on the mend.

General,

I'm glad that you are back on the board and recovering well.

I just wanted to say that I met James Collins whilst away with Wales this weekend and he was a really sound lad and more than happy to chat with a Villa fan. He said he was enjoying getting in to things at Villa and was pleased that he was forming a good partnership with Dunne. Another asset to the club.

General Krulak here:

1. imavillan: Hmmmm, now that is one I haven't heard and I have no idea of why we would only sell tea and coffee pre-packaged with only cream/milk. Let me check it out.

2. Tubby: He is a good lad...very personable and a great fit.

3. peterwithes_shin. I agree that the news for today was Heskey's comments. They were sent to me by our media folks so there is no excuse for them not being on the site. I will take it for action.

Hi General,

Good to see you back on the site and seemingly feeling better!

I would like to ask you if you are happy with the start we have made to the season and if you think we are on course to achieve our goals for this season?

A light-hearted question for you that's off topic. Do you believe in the existence of life outside of our planet? Being a military man, I wondered if you had any such insider knowledge. Former US astronaut Ed Mitchell claims that there is life alien to our planet and that we are visited all the time, hence the reason for my asking! :D

Hopefully the lads will get 3 points for us on Saturday General. I am really looking forward to this one as I think we may have a better chance of beating them with all of their players being away on international duty!

General Krulak here:

1. villarocker: Again, let me be totally upfront with you. I was gutted by the Wigan game and really had a hard time getting my chin up off the floor....as I wasn't in too good a health at that time. Since that game, I have seen some things that make my heart sour!! I think the back four are really coming together and Gabby seems to be gaining in form. I think we are beginning to find our stride across the Pitch and feel pretty good. I agree about the game this Saturday. If we come out and play hard...if we challenge each pass...if we use our pace...we can take these guys. I was there when we did it at Villa Park and it was lovely!!! I just wish I could be there this weekend.

3. peterwithes_shin. I agree that the news for today was Heskey's comments. They were sent to me by our media folks so there is no excuse for them not being on the site. I will take it for action.

Hi General, Been on the OS today and what a quick turn around. Obviously there is no messing about when Gen K speaks. :cheers:

Don't suppose you can do anything about getting our government to be truthful and honest :lol:

Hi General,

I've noticed something odd on the OS. You can view the results for this season but you used to be able to view them from seasons past but that option has this season vanished. You can still look at previous seasons league tables but not the results.

General Krulak here:

1. villarocker: Again, let me be totally upfront with you. I was gutted by the Wigan game and really had a hard time getting my chin up off the floor....as I wasn't in too good a health at that time. Since that game, I have seen some things that make my heart sour!!.

I think you might mean soar General, sour means something else over here :D

So glad you're almost there with your health as well, good to see you back.

Hi General,

Its my first time asking you a question, however i have kept a keen eye on this forum and feel that you deserve a lot of praise for finding the time to respond to fans and i commend you for that!!

I have just ordered 3 tickets for the open training day, one for myself (ST holder), Best Mate (ST holder) and one for my son (A 2 year old Mini Villan!!), on the open training day it will be my sons 3rd birthday. I am now starting to consider taking him to some games and wanted to break him in slowly by attending the open training day! I wanted to know if it would be at all possible for the club to offer something for him to make the day a little bit extra special! I dont have anything in mind but the opportunity to have some photos with players or something along those lines is just an idea?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this message and keep up the good work!!!

Hi General,

Firstly, thanks for getting back to me after my comment on how Randy was praised in one of my lectures.

My question follows along similar lines to be honest; for my module we have to select a business and arrange an interview with an executive or formal employee and ask them a few questions regarding specific aspects, i.e. finance, HR, corporate social responsibility etc. I have, if you haven't already worked out, decided to do the Villa! So basically I was wondering if you could recommend a name at the club who I could get in contact with, or whether you would like to participate yourself?

PM if you are personally interested, but I would also understand if the club cannot help either way.

Cheers,

Andy