General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General

Hope you're health is improving.

Does Villa Park have any facilities for partially sighted spectators at all?... only my Mum has a problem with her eyesight which has required major surgery and she's now registered as partially blind. We went to Wigan game but from Upper North Stand she couldn't see much at all (which was no bad thing as I told her at the time!).. I managed to take her to a reserve fixture a week or so after the operation V Wolves which she enjoyed because she sat closer to the pitch, but I just wondered if you had any suggestions, who I might talk to at Villa Park as I'd love to take her to some home fixtures to cheer her up.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Just to thank you and everyone who was involved in laying on free coach travel to Sunderland. This a greatly appriciated gesture and will improve the amount of Villa fans there significantly.

All the best,

Luke

Hi General,

this is my first post to you and I just want to echo what everyone has said and say that you and the board are doing a fantastic job at the moment. So proud to be a villa fan, long may it continue!

Just a quick question, I'm a ST holder but when trying to buy additional tickets on the official website I am not able to choose under 21 or student tickets? Is there a reason for this as this was possible last season. The system also denies you from searching for an exact seat, something that you were also allowed to do last season. Could you look into this for us??

Many thanks General!

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. JulieB: Please give Nicky Keye a call at the ticket office. Explain the situation and see if she can help. Your Mum might not get the correct seats for one of the bigger games but we may well be able to help at one of the mid-range games.

2. wedge: The coaches were the idea of MON and supported completely by Randy.

3. olboydave: This is a question that can be answered quickly by either Nicky Keye or Nicola Salt at the ticket office. Give them a call.

Hi General

Hope you're health is improving.

Does Villa Park have any facilities for partially sighted spectators at all?... only my Mum has a problem with her eyesight which has required major surgery and she's now registered as partially blind. We went to Wigan game but from Upper North Stand she couldn't see much at all (which was no bad thing as I told her at the time!).. I managed to take her to a reserve fixture a week or so after the operation V Wolves which she enjoyed because she sat closer to the pitch, but I just wondered if you had any suggestions, who I might talk to at Villa Park as I'd love to take her to some home fixtures to cheer her up.

General,

Just to follow up on Julie's query, would it not be a good idea to perhaps give partially sighted or blind fans access to commentary real time during the game. I'm sure something could be set up that feeds Jack's AVTV commentary to a headset and would surely enhance the game time experience for people with sight problems.

In regards to Tubby's idea, I believe Arsenal have a similar system where blind fans get a headset with live commentary but get to enjoy the atmosphere too by being at the game, so its something that is practised elsewhere. great idea if you ask me.

Hi General. Many thanks for this I will indeed ring Nicky. Someone has been in touch to tell me that Villa indeed have an area for partially sighted people in the lower Trinity AND they have access to headsets.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, I will personally be appalled if Aston Villa introduce halal meat at Villa Park unless you have categorical proof that the animal has been stunned before slaughter, which is not always the case with halal meat. Although I am a vegetarian I understand that most people want to eat meat. However, any meat consumed should have been produced in a way which causes the least possible suffering for the animal. Studies from respected groups such as the RSPCA and Compassion in World Farming have shown the cruelty where the animal is not stunned pre-slaughter. If halal meat is introduced at Villa Park I will be seeking your personal assurance that every item of meat has come from an animal that has been stunned before slaughter. Thank you.

Gen

I know this may seem early, but there is a reason.

Can you tell me what is happening with the kit next year - will it change at the end of the season.

I ask, as my daughter has put this on her Xmas list, and , unfortunately, I am not going to buy it if it is only valid for 4 1/2 months

It's even worse for my son, who has already said he wants the goalie kit for his birthday (February) so he has no hope.

I commend the Acorns thing but when Randy bought the club it was said that he wanted the same kit for a number of years - since then , we've had more kit changes than a Liberace concert.

Can you let me , and others know, as I bet my kids aren't the only ones who want one on Dec. 25th.

Cheers

Gen

Can you tell me what is happening with the kit next year - will it change at the end of the season.

I ask, as my daughter has put this on her Xmas list, and , unfortunately, I am not going to buy it if it is only valid for 4 1/2 months

To be honest mate, if your daughter has waited until Christmas to ask for the jersey, she's clearly not the type to demand the new kit immediately upon release. So you shouldnt be too worried about whether it's gonna last past July :)

General Krulak here:

1. I was on the road this weekend so I was not able to see the game. From what it sounded like, it was a mixed bag. One of you once told me that "football was a funny game"...you were right. it is also very frustrating.

2. Re. the kit. I honestly cannot answer that question at this time. There are so many factors that go into such a decision...not the least being the potential for a sponsor. I will answer this one as soon as I can but now is a wee bit early. I know that doesn't help yours Christmas shopping dilemma but it is the best I can do at this time.

General I've mentioned it before and I'll do it again.

A few things for fustrate me with the tickets.

Firslt Under 16's should be changed to Under 18's in my opinion. Like many others, I'm still at 6th form, I work part-time, although only get £50 a week, now according to the official site, It's £31 for a ticket in the Holte end for an Adult (which technically I am), add that to travel to get up there, wether bus or train is another £4-5 quid. So it's £35 for the day, WITHOUT any food or drink, and I'm 17. I also want to try and pay for my driving lessons, go out on weekend and save up for the likes of the car. I think having a 17 year old as an adult is putting some people off going for sure, Money at our age is precious, spending £35 when people can quite easily watch games on the internet for free means alot of people aren't going.

I'd also say £20 for an Under 16 in the Holte against Bolton puts people off, I mean if your trying to encourage kids of a young age to go upto Villa park, is pricing them at £20 the way to go about it? I reckon there have been alot more dad's leaving the Kids with the wife simply because of the price of taking a Young'en, I'm not saying everyone but I think both of my points have caused a slight drop in attendance and also the future of Villa fanbase, not just now, but lower prices will encourage people to keep coming, watching more games and enjoying it even more.

I know we do some of the lowest prices but I think for younger ages, they could be lowered to attract more younger people into Villa Park.

In the 07-08 season, I could easily get 5/6 mates to come to the Villa with me, as some games if I remember were just £10 for Under 16, we used to catch the bus up for £3 and it used to be a cheap day out and most of my mates weren't even Villa supporters, but sang along and watched the game because the price was so good, now it's a struggle to even get Villa fans to come when you say a ticket is £31...even cheating and going in as an under 16..is still very expensive for people who are still on an education.

Dear General;

I've got a question regarding Cleveland Browns fans: Have you noticed Browns fans that are equally interested in our club as some Villa fans are in Browns and do you get some Cleveland fans who have started to support our team and watch the games? And finally, have you seen any Browns fans with Villa shirts on?

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket prices: I understand the issue re. the price of "youth" tickets and I will raise the issue.

2. Cleveland Browns: Yes, there are some Browns fans that are interested in Villa and yes, I have seen Browns fans wearing our shirts. Right at this time, the Browns Fans are going through a pretty tough time.

Hey General

I have been reading Paul McGrath book, excellent book a must read for all footy fans. I was wondering if it possible to get him to attend a future fixture, I know you have alot of special offers for the less attractive games, so was thinking a Paul McGrath Day would help sell tickets for certain games, it also give us fans a chance to show our appreciation for a true Villian, considering the bad press we got for Barry return, it will gives us a opportunity to show we not all bad, also player like Ian Taylor, Mellberg, Laursen and other loyal players of old could also be included.

General maybe we should sell them some Guzan shirts and let him go and give the safeties some clues on how to intercept passes ;-)

The Browns need a sure pair of hands at wideout... wherever could we find one of those? :D :D :D