General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General, I came back on my holiday in Amsterdam :)

Been to Amsterdam and watched Ajax Vs NAC Brenda with me wearing Villa shirt. I notice they have awesome new Sony TV and it is stunning quality picture. If Randy want to upgrade our TV in two corners, he should go for this TV :) (or even better one if there is one)

Amsterdam Arena have credit swipe card to speed up servicing. Might be worth investigating and make it operated on top up system. People have to buy a 10 euros card to use it.

Ajax club reception desk (are hopeless as they won't tell me how to buy ticket for Sunday game). They only tell me I have to be a member to buy one. I manage to get some information from a club shop staff telling me to come back on matchday and it will be on general sales. Not very good business.

I got my free ticket in the post :) for Cardiff game as I went to Rapid Vienna game.

Hi General

It was suggested that you may be able to help me with a request. I am school teacher and a colleague of mine is a passionate Villa fan. We teach together in North Devon but he is originally from Birmingham. He grew up watching the Villa in the early sixities and now enjoys telling his tales in the staff room of following them when they were in the lower leagues to games all over the country (1970). He became a teacher in 1978 (the year I was born!) and over the years he must have taught thousands of children, many of which have lived in deprived areas and have come to school with some real issues but whose lives have been better for knowing him. He is genuinely a top bloke and a fantastic teacher who has put his children first for 31 years.

Well....he's retiring at Christmas. I am going to get him a Villa shirt with Mr T 78 on the back and I thought it would be great for him if had some players signatures on it. Is there anyway you could help me in getting this sorted? Maybe by messaging me an address I can send the shirt too? I'm sure I'll be able to get a picture of him with it on in the local newspaper and possibly even put in a good word for Villa with the next generation of footy fans down here!

I hope you can help!

Gen (or if anyone can answer my question for him)

Can you just answer a quickie.

Re: the Holte Hotel (and Suite come to that)

Can you tell me how it works with kids ?.

I go to the match with my two kids, however, If I went in these, from the sounds of it , it would be £12 and I'd have to get 3 programmes - which I don't want.

Can you confirm how much it is / can you enter , without a programme, and how much it is for kids.

Thanks

Paul

Hi General,

I would just like to update you regarding a recent transaction I had with the club shop. I purchased a rather nice Villa top on the website for a very reasonable price and the item was shipped to my house in under 5 days. I understand that with a communication medium like this one you often only get the negative feedback but I thought you might like to get some positive feedback too.

Tell the folks in the club shop to keep up the good work!

villa89

:D

General Krulak here:

1. Got off the tests for two days...will be back for good after those.

2. Re. the ticket prices, etc. for B'ham City. We just need to realize that we need to stay above the fray. We will always act in a professional manner.

3. The game was a great one. I thought the defense was stellar...and after playing for only about a week together, I can only imagine that they will get better.

4. HelpMrT: I sent you a pm that lets you know what we need to do to help.

2. Re. the ticket prices, etc. for B'ham City. We just need to realize that we need to stay above the fray. We will always act in a professional manner.

The same goes for the supporters too in the main, it's not hard to tell who the real football supporters are, they put all their energy into staring at us during the match making threats and we focus on supporting our team. This is (partly) why we will ALWAYS be number 1 in the midlands.

General Krulak here:

1. I was able to get to a telly and see the game...what a good win. I thought the back 4 played a superb game...they looked extremely comfortable with each other back there. I also thought that Petrov played a good game...and Gabby. The problem with the telly is that you really can't see all the players on the Pitch and what they are doing away from the ball. 4 Premiership games in a row is nice...and really proves the adage that you need to play them one game at a time. The Fans were magnificent. I promise you, I could hear the cheering all during the game...to include "Holteenders in the Sky"!!!!

General Krulak here:

The Fans were magnificent. I promise you, I could hear the cheering all during the game...

Think you were actually hearing the Portsmouth fans 'all during the game'. The Villa fans were quiet for much of the game.

General Krulak here:

The Fans were magnificent. I promise you, I could hear the cheering all during the game...

Think you were actually hearing the Portsmouth fans 'all during the game'. The Villa fans were quiet for much of the game.

Think you may mean the last ten minutes there, General, top man and once again I cannot stress how much you and Sir Randy have done for our club, Stuff the Man City money, I love the way we have gone about things :)

General Krulak here:

Sorry Mark but maybe the mic was situated where you wasnt cause the Holte was rocking today and from the we hardly heard Pompey sing so i think it is just down to ground acousticss and not the Generals hearing. The boys at the back of the Holte were on form today!

Just wanted to give you some helpful feedback from todays game, i was in the upper Holte as usual and it it had to be said that the queues were as bad as usual and the staff as bad and uninterested as usual, i went down stairs and there was hardly queue and i have to take my hat off to the kiosk staff there as they were really on the ball! The customers really couldnt get their order or their money across fast enough as the staff were on the ball and fast yet they were the most polite staff i had been served by in my time up there, in fact the customer service was that good i was asked to wait while they prepared a hotdog (not the usual "aint got none" and i had no problem due to the way i was served.

Whoever these staff were they really deserve a pat on the back as everyone of them were not only working the same but all with enthusiasm. A bench mark me thinks!

General,

I'm a little gutted that the Club have chosen not to 'empower' season cards for those of us in the cup scheme for the Cardiff Game (I assume this would be my free game as I was in my booked chair for the Vienna home fixture). I guess my circumstances are not typical of everyone, but please hear this...

Okay, a grand gesture by Villa with the free game stance - a remarkable (unexpected) offer...

I am away on a residential course next week and will not be able to attend the Cardiff Fixture. I was intent on ensuring that my chair was not empty and was going to give my season card to an employee of mine (a long suffering Northampton fan). I was somewhat choked to hear on Saturday that the Cardiff game is an 'all paper ticket' affair!

I find it odd, that a customer such as me, who is within the cup scheme, and who normally benefits from getting into the ground with my season card as part of that cup scheme should suddenly find that I can only access the ground with a paper ticket. I do not live in Birmingham and do not always have access to the OS or local media - imagine my poor employee turning up on Wednesday night to cheer us on, only to find that his access to the ground is denied!

This situation is worsened as I have so far not received a paper ticket for the Cardiff Game, although, as I say, I am in the Cup Scheme. The tannoy announcement on Saturday advised that if people had not received their ticket that it will not now be sent - good job, as I won't be home. I can only imagine that there will be a scramble for tickets on Wednesday night - does anyone remember the League Cup game against Liverpool the other year where kick off was delayed for a very long time (flaming freezing to boot) due to some fiasco or another with the ticketing!?

I am a reasonable man (mostly) and people will no doubt say, 'what's your problem? It's only a free game anyway...' But I am a supporter... I am in the Cup Scheme, I have a right to my ticket, free or not!

Yes, I am a little aggrieved and I will get over it in time for the City game. It is disappointing that the benefits of being in the Cup Scheme (automatic billing and the use of season card vice paper) are not being realised in this case. Is there any particular reason for this? Is it really so difficult to 'empower' the season cards for this game for those of us in the Cup Scheme?

What is for certain is that there will now be an 'empty seat' (my lord) and that is a shame.

Onwards and upwards...

Great result against Portsmouth. A generally forgettable game, but a fantastic strike from young Agbonlahor. Let's hope we put our recent 'lower league at home' hoo-doo to bed and similarly 'sword' Cardiff on Wednesday.

Raver- Not to answer on behalf of the general but I think paper tickets are issued for this game because of the number of fans that are having to move, people in upper north stand are being moved to accommodate the away fans so obviously they cannot use their season cards to get in in a different part of the ground, and I presume to save confusion they issue everyone with a paper ticket.

I'm sure the general will advise you to speak to Nikki Keye who may be able to help you out.

General Krulak here:

Sorry Mark but maybe the mic was situated where you wasnt cause the Holte was rocking today and from the we hardly heard Pompey sing so i think it is just down to ground acousticss and not the Generals hearing. The boys at the back of the Holte were on form today!

Couldn't hear the Holte from the Lower North at all