General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

Again, it's good to see you back on the mend.

As a keen NFL fan (Steelers unfortunately!) I'd like to know if Randy prioritises Villa over the Browns?

Obviously the two sports are very different and the clubs are run in different ways but while Villa seem to be going from strength to strength the Browns seem to be faultering.

(Mods - if this question is too off topic and should be done via PM feel free to delete and let me know - thanks)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning General

Firstly its great to have you back on vt,first thing i do when i get home from work is check to see if youve been on as your imformation is always spot on.Hopefully your winning battle with your illness wont keep you away from villa park too much longer as being abroad i know what its like to miss the villa and your walk arounds seem to be so much appreciated by the fans, more than you know from what i read.Have you any idea of what the attendence will be against chelsea hopefully it will be a full house to get villa park rocking and to witness a villa victory

all the best general

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. TrentVilla: Hmmm, I had not noticed that....let me see if I can get this fixed.

2. bushytail: Soar it is!!!!

3. jackso55: You are going to have a great time!!! You might want to contact Lee Preece and describe the situation...tell him I asked for you to call. Maybe he will be able to sort something for your son.

4. andy1989: Contact sasha.barker@avfc.co.uk and let her know I asked you to contact her. She may be able to set you up with an interview with one of our leaders.

5. villafan306: Obviously I cannot comment on how Randy views the two Clubs. I can say that his goals for both Clubs are basically the same...top of the table. The Browns are in a VERY tough division...probably the toughest in the Leage...and are having a rough time right now. They do have some very solid players so we are hoping things come around.

6. paul34: It will be a great game. We expect a full house...and they should see a superb contest. I see it 2-1 Villa!!!

General Krulak here:

1. WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!!! I was so proud of the lads...and so proud of the way MON had them prepared to play. I thought the back 4 were absolutely brilliant...defending as well as pushing forward when needed. Gabby was a beast up front and I thought Petrov played a very strong game. Simply put, I thought everyone played a solid, solid, game and we deserved the win. The fans were great!!! I just hope that we continue to have a strong showing by the fans because they really do help keep the lads going.

2. The_Randy_Villan: I really did feel it would be 2-1. I thought our defense would be stout but their offense would probably get one. I just didn't think they would be able to handle our pace nor our tenacity. The goals came from a location I didn't expect but I did feel we would get 2. Thus my prediction of 2-1. We all know we have a helluva defense.

General Krulak;

I'm speechless when it comes to James Collins - for only £5 million he's been a steal and I think MON deserves lots of praise for scouting him. Why some clubs need to spend £24 million on a defender when you can sign genuine quality for £5 million is just baffling.

P.S. - I hope MON is feeling OK after his little fall on the sideline!

Hi General,

I see your prediction came true and what a prediction it was! Just like yourself, I felt that we would have a bit too much pace for them to cope with, and it certainly showed. It was great to see us come back from going a goal behind. I don't think they had many open chances of scoring and that was down to a very solid display by our lads. I was proud to see the effort put in by us. I don't know about you, but I get just as excited at seeing a player make a great tackle or clearance, as I am when I see the ball fly in from 20 yards. Our defence was truly outstanding and it makes the fans very proud to see spirit shown like that.

I would also like to say that MON deserves a lot of praise for his tactics yesterday. I for one have questioned some of his decision making in the past, but yesterday I thought he made a great decision in pulling Gabby out wide to stop Ashley Cole's runs down the wing. As a fan, I was screaming for him to do it as Cole was sprinting up and down the left for most of the first half. Once Gabby went out there, Cole was no longer as effective, especially after he got booked for fouling him!

We only took 6 points from 8 games against the top 4 last season. We've matched that figure after just 2 games this season and I don't think that figure is going to stop their! With 10 points out of the last 12 at Villa Park, I feel the place is becoming a fortress again. Maybe now the fans will start to fill our wonderful stadium again!

Bring on the Wolves!!

General Krulak here:

1. Villarocker: I agree with your analysis. There were many aspects to the game that give me hope for the "Bright Future." At the same time, I revert to the philosophy of "One game at a time." I just want to see our lads go out and play each game with the same passion as they did this one. If we do that "one game at a time", we will be fine.

2. vojskovoda: I agree, we made some very good deals this summer. And one has yet to set foot on the pitch yet!! Martin did a good job.

General Krulak here:

1. Villarocker: I agree with your analysis. There were many aspects to the game that give me hope for the "Bright Future." At the same time, I revert to the philosophy of "One game at a time." I just want to see our lads go out and play each game with the same passion as they did this one. If we do that "one game at a time", we will be fine.

That's the key for me. We are always fired up for the big games but we don't seem as 'switched on' for the less attractive games. If we can maintain that desire for every game then I genuinely believe we would finished in the top 4.

General,

Was Randy at the Chelsea game or is he associating his time to the big game in Pittsburgh this weekend? Regardless, what did he make of the Villa's great performance?

As we got good team we should keep an eye open for a suitable striker to play with Gabby over long term. I can't wait to see Stuart Downing coming in.

Good result and performance. Think John Robertson will need to kick Ashley Young's backside for below par performance over the last few months.

Hope you are doing good in USA. We have done very well this summer transfer activity :)

General Krulak here:

1. Phumfeinz: You are spot on. If we play with the same sort of passion and intensity every game (obviously a hard thing to do), then we will be a very challenging Club.

2. Tubby: Randy was in the US...he needed to be at Pittsburgh game and could not make the timing work out to do both. We watched on the telly. He was absolutely over the moon with the play. VERY excited. Unfortunately, the Browns did not win and that hurt a bit.

3. Legendary_10. As I continue to say, I am content to let MON evaluate what he needs and make the right picks. He sees what we all see but needs to set the priorities himself.

Hi General

This one might take a bit of research by somebody at the club, but I just know you're the man to ask! :D

Based on a recurring discussion on these boards about the way the atmosphere comes across on television, where exactly DO the TV people put microphones at our ground and do they do things the same at every ground. If they're putting them at ground level, could they perhaps be encouraged to notice that there is rather a lot of noise at the top of the Holte?

At the moment, I do feel that the atmosphere is sometimes misrepresented. I'll give you a few examples. Remember the first goal against Blues in the 5-1 victory, the equaliser against Arsenal on Boxing Day, or Laursen's opener against Ajax? The crowd's celebrations for those particular goals were long, loud and incredibly intense. But you watch the tape over again and think, "is that it?" I'm lucky to be there every week and from my seat in DE Upper I know that Villa Park rocks as much as any of the other top grounds.

I guess this is an issue which is partly outside the club's control (aside from any long-term plans to tackle acoustics - though we're not Symphony Hall!), but worth a thought maybe.

All the best,

Stephen

General Krulak here:

1.Stephen_Evans: Let me look into this. I can tell you that I watched the Chelsea game on the telly here in the US and I could hear the singing, hear the cheering...and the Holte looked awesome!

2. Andy1989: Glad to help!!

General Krulak here:

1. sparey16: It really depends on how much time I have during the time I am on line...if I have the time, I will look at several threads. Remember, I am posting on 3 threads myself so it takes a bit of time to 1) go thru the questions, 2) research answer if needed...or pass question over to Ticketing, Sales, etc. and 3) answer.

2. As I am sure you all know, we are having free coaches to the Sunderland game. The fans make a huge difference to the lads at all games but, when we are away, they are critical. We know that this is a big game and one that we really want to win...and the Fans are a HUGE part of the winning formula. So, if you want to have a good time, with good people, join us for the trip and game.

Hi General,

Please thank everyone involved in the organisation of the free travel for fans for the Sunderland trip. I was already going to the game, and planning on driving it myself. As you can imagine, a four-hour drive on one of Britain's busiest roads, with another four-hour trip back in the early hours is not the most enjoyable experience, but I was willing to do it to cheer on the boys. But now I have booked the free travel and it is going to make the experience so much easier and therefore more enjoyable. So thank you very much for what is yet another great gesture from the Villa board. Best wishes.

Hi General,

Please thank everyone involved in the organisation of the free travel for fans for the Sunderland trip. I was already going to the game, and planning on driving it myself. As you can imagine, a four-hour drive on one of Britain's busiest roads, with another four-hour trip back in the early hours is not the most enjoyable experience, but I was willing to do it to cheer on the boys. But now I have booked the free travel and it is going to make the experience so much easier and therefore more enjoyable. So thank you very much for what is yet another great gesture from the Villa board. Best wishes.

a phrase i hate to use but - this!

I couldnt afford to go up for the game with ticket, travel, beer/food money, but the £20 the coach would of cost can now be used for beer/food.

Thank you General/Aston Villa FC for making it possible to bring more fans up!

General, will you be in attedence at the Sunderland game?