General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. Julio and wainy316: When you encounter this type of difficulty, please just ask to see or speak to the store manager. John Greenfield or his #2 is there all the time and can help sort out the tough questions. The store can be reached by just dialing AVFC and ask the operator to put you thru to the store.

2. We have not made a decision re. acorns at the present time. Obviously, whatever decision we make will not be made without input from acorns. Whatever we do, we will ensure they are not hurt.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General.

Was wondering do you know how many season ticket holders we have at Villa Park this season?

I am hoping to get a ticket for Wembley (if we get there, fingers crossed!), and was wondering how many tickets of the 31,500 allocation will be left once season ticket holders have snapped there's up!

Appreciate your time,

General, what are your thoughts on Birmingham winning a place as one of the WC 2018 venues, and did the bid team use information from the Club when they said the ground will be a 47300 capacity by then?

Does this indicate that you will soon be able to pass on some information to the supporters re the plans for the ground?

General, can you thank Brad Guzan for his phone call this afternoon, and assure him that I'll be there for the match and be right behind him. Well, not right behind because I sit in L2, but you know what I mean! ;-)

First year as a ST holder for many years and never had anything like that - Was a pleasant surprise! :D

Hi General,

Please excuse the fact that the following thoughts make me sound like an anorak, but I've had the day off and too much time to think about the Villa! And don't trouble to reply specifically to them either, I just wanted to throw a few things out there for you.

1. A big IF I know...but IF we end up playing Manchester City in the League Cup Final and we are drawn as the "away" team, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let us wear claret shorts with the claret and blue shirts, like we seem to every time we play at their ground. It looks stupid and the fact that it's been done so many times before is no defence in my view. It's the one combination that does not work. Given that West Ham played in sky blue and we played in white back in April, I cannot see why blue shorts should be a problem in that scenario, even though their shirts are blue. This is obviously hypothetical at the moment!

2. The mock up for the semi-final flags looks great and I'm looking forward to waving mine! Subject to there not being some kind of deal with Carling, can we have "League Cup" or "Football League Cup" rather than "Carling Cup". It'll be the League Cup long after Carling don't bother with it. (I'm assuming they haven't been made yet!)

3. Another big IF...IF we are in the delightful position of selling Final tickets to Villa fans (Please God), how about giving the Holte and North lower regulars the opportunity to sit together at Wembley, so that we take the Villa Park atmosphere with us and don't spread our noisy people out too much. Plus, for myself, as a Doug Ellis upper season-ticket holder I wouldn't wanna sit behind the goal net for example, so people could have the same kind of seat at Wembley as they normally do. How feasible this is I just don't know.

Anyway, up the Villa, hope you don't spend all day thinking like this! Haha

3. Another big IF...IF we are in the delightful position of selling Final tickets to Villa fans (Please God), how about giving the Holte and North lower regulars the opportunity to sit together at Wembley, so that we take the Villa Park atmosphere with us and don't spread our noisy people out too much. Plus, for myself, as a Doug Ellis upper season-ticket holder I wouldn't wanna sit behind the goal net for example, so people could have the same kind of seat at Wembley as they normally do. How feasible this is I just don't know.

This is definitely possible - I am originally from Torquay and I went to watch them at Wembley at the end of the season in the play-off final. The club set up an option of sitting in the "pop stand" (noisey fans) or just normal. Me and "sellyoakvilla" sat in the noisey section and it was an absolutely cracking atmosphere despite it being a conference play off final. (This was after going to Middlesbrough in fancy dress the day before, slept about 2 hours!)

If a "Holte End" section was introduced should we get to the promised land it would make a huge difference!

General, I am not a techo-phobe and I like digital innovations like the Yearbook. But I am extremely disappointed that there is not a printed version this year (particularly as I am not aware that supporters were asked whether they would be happy not to have a printed version). Like many others I have spent nearly two decades building up my collection of season reviews and yearbooks and now will be unable to continue it. Because there are multiple links on each page, the digital version doesn't lend itself to being printed. Moreover, how will supporters without access to the internet be able to enjoy the publication? I'm afraid this smacks of someone clever back of house coming up with a "genius" idea without thinking it through.

I would be happy to pay three or four times the amount previously charged for a proper printed version to add to the collection.

Also, I am a little bit concerned about the attention to detail generally in the publishing department. This season I have spotted far too many typos, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and factual errors in the Villa News & Record, and this is not something I was conscious of on a regular basis hitherto. A serious question, because I would love to help: do they need a free proof-reader?

On the subject of the Yearbook, I can understand how collectors of them may be a little disappointed that one hasn't been printed this year - and can certainly sympathise with them, I'd like to put the other side over and say how I enjoyed reading it and viewing the video clips on this year's online only one. Really enjoyed watching some of the clips on it.

On the yearbook General, I've got to say that the online product is very very good. I've only had a look through and not gone into much detail, but it does look very well done.

On the other hand I'm also disappointed that there isn't also a paper version available. I'm sure there are issues with the cost of what must be relatively small print runs, but I'd still ideally prefer a physical product. There are places the online version can't go and I often enjoy a quick read in bed or during my annual bath.

Regardless, the online product looks superb and a big well done to whoever produced it.

General Krulak here:

1. Wembley: First off, we have a long way to go before we can talk Finals...I think there is another Club that may have something to say about us going. At the same time, after all ST-holders etc. get tickets, we will still have over 3500 more available. My sense is that we will have enough.

2. blandy: Obviously, the WC is years away and not even a guarantee for England to get it. Soooo, we are just proceeding with our plans for the North Stand independent of the WC. If England gets the Cup, we will be ready.

3. stepehn_evans: I am afraid I am not in the uniform business...I would imagine MON and the League will work this out. Likewise, I don't think we have any sway when it comes to calling it the Carling Cup or anything else. Finally, we are not far enough along re. Wembley to start deciding who goes where. I don't want to jinx this thing...one game at a time.

Hi General,

I hate to get you involved in this relatively trivial matter (but I'm going to try anyway!). I have received something from the Villa store which arrived intact, but broke on the day it arrived. In my view this was due to poor manufacturing (I have the photographs to prove it).

I have sent two emails and phoned the Villa store, but seeing as the thing arrived intact, all I get is "computer says no".

If possible, could you give the address or phone number of someone with a bit of authority, because I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a replacement.

General have you got an update on the likely attendance tomorrow? I know you said earlier in the week it is likely to be 33k but I hope given our league position and the fact we have won two very tough away games we can now be looking at at least 37k.

General Krulak here:

1. CrackPotForeigner: Again, either call John Greenfield at the store or go see him on game day...he will help sort it.

2. North Stand Plan won't be unveiled for a while yet.

3. Fan update for Stoke still has us at about 34-35K.

General,

Having read the earlier comments about Acorns, and the potential to maintain the club's support for them, I wondered whether the Premier League may consider allowing a second sponsorship on our shirts, one commercial, one charitable? I'm aware that it's Kit Sponsor and Shirt Sponsor as it stands in the Prem at the moment, but given the fact that Acorns is obviously a charity, I wondered if the club had considered approaching the PL with a view to having Acorns on the front and another company on the back/sides/shorts?

I'm well aware that the majority of users will probably think that this idea smacks of the Fizzy Pop League's multiple sponsors, which can look less appealing, but considering West Brom's move in approaching the authorities over their sponsorship situation maybe this would provide us with the best of both worlds?

After all ST-holders etc. get tickets, we will still have over 3500 more available. My sense is that we will have enough.

I suspect you may be surprised, General. IF we do get to Wembley, there'll be a hundred thousand people looking for tickets - claiming that they haven't missed a Villa game in years!

General Krulak here:

3. spacemanscott: Stoke is at 32,600 right now...including the Stoke fans. We need to get on this. Stoke is not a pushover....they play a very tough, rugged, game and we will find them a challenge. They have had a full week to rest up and we are playing 3 games in a week. Fans DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. They fire the lads up and we will need it this weekend. Spend one night of the holidays out of the pub and come to the game!!

Sorry General, I think you missed the point of my post. It's ridiculous that, a) Stoke is a Cat A game and B) you can only check ticket prices and buy them online with a booking history.

This excludes loads of fans who have tickets bought for them or get their tickets on matchdays from a kiosk, and therefore have no booking history.

The fact that you can't even check ticket prices on the club website unless you have a booking history is crazy! It's things like this that deter the floating fans from going down the game.

Incidentally, I'll be leaving in 15mins to buy a ticket down there - but many wouldn't bother.

Sorry General, I think you missed the point of my post. It's ridiculous that, a) Stoke is a Cat A game and B) you can only check ticket prices and buy them online with a booking history.

This excludes loads of fans who have tickets bought for them or get their tickets on matchdays from a kiosk, and therefore have no booking history.

The fact that you can't even check ticket prices on the club website unless you have a booking history is crazy! It's things like this that deter the floating fans from going down the game.

Incidentally, I'll be leaving in 15mins to buy a ticket down there - but many wouldn't bother.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If there were Stoke fans in the Villa sections (which you would have if you opened tickets to those without a booking history), this thread would never hear the end of it.