General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Glad to hear that you are making a good recovery General.

Are you able to explain how friendly prices are determined? I know that P'boro fans are up in arms at paying £15 (standing) and £20 seating for our forthcoming friendly.

Do we get a say in ticket prices for friendlies?

UTV

Stephen

General Krulak here:

1. Players will be returning to Bodymoor Heath tomorrow except for those who played in recent compititions. They will return next week.

2. Season ticket sales are right on our projections for this time of year. We are pleased with them and with the Corporate Sales activity. These are tough economic times and, so far, our projections have been accurate. I wish someone would project the stock market with the same accuracy.

3. Flashingqwerty: Simply put, I am not concerned at this time. We are not the only team that has seen good players go...either thru injury or sale. I would imagine that there are people at ManU who are shaking their heads and worrying. I refuse to start panicking on 8 July...I really do. I recognize that others may not see things the way I do but...I happen to believe in MON and in what he is trying to do. He knows everything that we know and more...he will take care of business. I am not going to get caught up in the hysteria of the day-to-day drama of transfer rumors...I would urge you to do the same...neither one of us needs to end up in a mental institution. I have had enough of hospitals!!!!!! :)

4. I am sure we will have an open practice at some time this summer.

5. Ticket prices for friendlies: I am sorry that some P'boro fans are upset by pricing. Putting on a friendly basically costs the Club as much as putting on a regular game. Basically the same number of stewards, same number of people handling tickets, same number of people hired to prepare food, etc. etc. At some point, Clubs need to achieve something more than "break even" or "in the red." We try to be as fair as possible but it is important that Fans understand that the Club is also part of the economic downturn...we are not exempt from the problem.

6. I have not seen anything official about ticket prices for the Blues game so I am not going to get exercised over it until I see, officially, what has been proposed. We ARE very aware of the security aspects of the game.

General,

Thanks for the info on friendlies. Apparently, P'boro have said that they have only sold less than 1,500 tickets for our game so far. Have got my ticket though.

As for the Noses ticket prices, their site says this about forthcoming ticket prices:

Sty Dwellers Ticket Prices

We will be a grade A game no doubt, hence the prices for that match are astronomical.

Please have a word with Blues after they will be charging us £48 to watch a game at their pig sty of a ground, or could we please charge them £60 when they come here?

In all seriousness General, the prices are disgusting for what is supposed to be the "working-class game"

I agree that we shouldnt panic on 8th July.

So that I can diarise it, when is it acceptable to panic and point to the absence of activity at Villa Park/Bodymoor Heath? Could you pass on the message to MON that come what may, no references to a 'small squad' can or should be made in season 2009/10? It's starting to make him, and our club, sound ridiculous.

Good to hear you're better.

Ta da for now...

Hello General, welcome back sir

I would like to ask a question to you as a fan more than a respresentative

I wondered if you had any thoughts on the likes of Real Madrid and perhaps more importantly Manchester City and there ability to offer astronomical sums of money for players in both transfer fees and wages. Do you believe it is good/bad for the football? and do you believe this level of spending is unsustainable or because of there chairman/boards wealth it will continue on an upward spiral?

Hi general, just wondering if there will be any more schemes to pay monthly for season tickets?

Currently don't have enough money, but if it would be anyway possible to pay over 3 months or whatever then it would be possible.

i realise there was an oppurtunity to do this earlier in the year, but we didn't take advantage of it.

cheers for any info.

i am so dishearted by us not getting any signing in i was going to get a sticket

but at the moment i wont till i know who we are signing as all we ever sign

are on the 31 august why cant we get them in now it seem to me we either dont have money

or a manager in to slow mon which is why we lose players to other teams is becauce he slow

and cant make is mind up please hurruy up with signing or i will not support this team anymore

General Krulak here:

3. Flashingqwerty: Simply put, I am not concerned at this time. We are not the only team that has seen good players go...either thru injury or sale. I would imagine that there are people at ManU who are shaking their heads and worrying. I refuse to start panicking on 8 July...I really do. I recognize that others may not see things the way I do but...I happen to believe in MON and in what he is trying to do. He knows everything that we know and more...he will take care of business. I am not going to get caught up in the hysteria of the day-to-day drama of transfer rumors...I would urge you to do the same...neither one of us needs to end up in a mental institution. I have had enough of hospitals!!!!!! :)

superbly well put general - its nice to see that your illness has not dulledyour mind.

Thanks for the reassuring words!

by that i mean not buying a season ticket to watch a team that we know a young and j carew are being sold

it wont be yet but if no quaily signings are not for coming fans wont be happy

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket price at Blues: Again, the last time I talked "live" on this subject, it resulted in some pretty grim publicity across the board. We will be working with the Blues re. pricing.

2. hobbo: I would panic only if we see no activity...the window is the window. Why panic at this point? I am not.

3. swadeavfc: There is no question that over the recent years, the cost of players has skyrocketed and ownership has brought a significant amount of money to the table. At some point in time, this will be bad for the sport. It could easily produce a two-tiered environment of the "haves and have nots." I do not believe we have reached that point yet but the purchases made by Real Madrid have certainly brought attention to the issue. At some point in time (particularly in this world-wide economic environment), the conglomorates will need to "slow down" and Boards with fiduciary respoonsibilty will have to step in. As an example, if the price of oil remains fairly low, the people who make their money from that commodity will begin to think twice about an excessive outlay for players.

4. geoff43: I am not sure I understand why you are so disheartened. Do you want MON to go out a buy players just to say we have bought players? It is the 8th of July...what is the issue? Let MON do his job...he will get it done. Again, I am NOT in the Transfer business and have no desire to be in that business. I trust Martin and believe in what he is doing. Getting frustrated or disheartened or stating that you "will not support this team anymore" is not going to help.

Hi General, just a quickie. Do you know when we'll be able to get a first peep at the new home kit? I like the away kit very much but I'm waiting to see what our new home kit is like before I decide, so the sooner I can see the better.

Hi general, just wondering if there will be any more schemes to pay monthly for season tickets?

Currently don't have enough money, but if it would be anyway possible to pay over 3 months or whatever then it would be possible.

i realise there was an oppurtunity to do this earlier in the year, but we didn't take advantage of it.

cheers for any info.

just reposting this general, would really love to know if the boat has been missed here, or if there will be another chance to do this.

General, I was wondering if you could offer some advice about ticketing policy and how I can 'legally' bring an Away Fan to a game.

My father in law is a Hull man though and through and I would love to bring him to see Villa v Hull. The switch in the game date last season saved me the trouble of worrying about where we could sit (I work Bank Hols so there was no chance of getting to the game) I really do want to try and get him to the game the season (probably last chance - can't believe they'll escape relegation again). Is there anywhere in the ground where I can sit with him without a) lying to the ticket people about both tickets being for home fans B) risking getting chucked out.

He is, of course, completely incapable of hiding his emotions and, therefore, I could do with being in an appropriate area of the ground.

Up the Villa - and I hope your recovery continues apace.