General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General, two questions:

1. With the news we know Martin is retiring, will he come and "officially" announce it at the Newcastle game, would be great to give him one last send off.

2. Are the club doing all they can to get him a coaching role at the club, we all know what an amazing player he is and I think all our defenders especially younger ones like Clark and even Davies could learn so much from him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, just wanted to commend the people at Villa Events for the job they did last night at the End of Season Awards. I've never been to one before but would very happily go again. Even if some of our younger squad members are very shy, they are all very professional in their attitude and demeanor and deserve a lot of credit as well. It can't be easy being descended on by a million punters as you come out of the toilet ;)

By the way, could you please insist that Sally in Hospitality wears the same dress at every home game from now on. Attendances will soar :D

Hi General,

Please pass on many congratuations to Stiliyan Petrov for picking up both Players' and Supporters' Player of the Year Awards. They are both certainly justified considering his contribution to the team this season, and I amongst many hope he'll sign his new contract this summer and give us many more seasons of fantastic performances.

Hi General,

I am new to the forums and just wanted to say hi. I think it is an amazing thing what you do here for the fans. I don't see any other club doing this and to do it on your own time just shows that you are really commited to the club. Ive heard glowing reports from the annual dinner and would just like to thank villa and all the staff for putting this on for the fans. I to hope we can carry on the acorns sponsership next season as it makes me feel proud to wearing the name across my chest.

Many thanks,

Ant

Hi General,

Please pass on many congratuations to Stiliyan Petrov for picking up both Players' and Supporters' Player of the Year Awards. They are both certainly justified considering his contribution to the team this season, and I amongst many hope he'll sign his new contract this summer and give us many more seasons of fantastic performances.

I would like to second this General, he has been superb all season and I am very proud to call him a Villa player. Petrov 19 will be on my 09/10 home shirt.

Knowing your actions in the past, could these and any other "congratulations Stiliyan" posts (I know there is a thread that could probably be printed) be passed on to him. It would be good for him to know how impressed people have been with his transformation this season and how much we would like him to stay at Villa beyond next season.

Many thanks

Jon

Hi General,

What is your take on this so called ex executive bleating to the Guardian that Randy is running the club no different to the Ellis years and do you have an idea of who it might be?

Keep up the good work old boy!!

General Krulak here:

1. Stewiek2: I love you sentence that ends "I don't support....I support Aston Villa." I like it because it sends the right signal for this old Marine. It should never be the person...it should always be the Institution. Yes, people make up the institution but they come and go...the Institution is what last. It is the ethos, the tradition, the values, that count at the end of the day. If you get those right, you will be successful...you will be winners. That is why the motto of the Marine Corps is "Semper Fidelis"..Always Faithful...to the Corps.

True. My grandfather fought in Burma in WW2 with the Gurkas, and such philosophy is a trademark of this fine regiment of soldiers, and why their treatment is disgusting. Always faithful to those who make a difference, as a whole, as well as individual.

General

I'd like to propose that Martin Laursen lead the Villa players out on to the pitch for the final home game against Newcastle. If he is to retire, as seems likely, it would be a fitting send-off for a leader to take his troops onto the field one last time.

:clap:

How about a Denmark day for the Newcastle game General, similar to the Sweden day we had for Mellberg last season. Martin Laursen will be sorely missed, he has been a great asset to this club when fit and he should be rewarded with a great send off.

General, I would echo "Tubby"'s sentiments. My flag is on order already. He has been a great performer and it is a shame it has ended this way, he will be sorely missed. We HAVE to do something for him for the Newcastle match and make it special for him so he remembers us as we will remember him.

General Krulak here:

1. ant_avfc: Welcome to the thread!!! I am glad that you, and others, appreciated the dinner. It was a wonderful show!!

2. Petrov: I was VERY proud of his selection. I think we all remember his early days...and many on this site and others wondering whether MON had made the right choice. The other night said a great deal about this quality footballer. What I like about him, most of all, is his HEART!!! I will ensure that all the congratulatory posts get to him.

3. philvilla: Yes, we think we know who it is. I find it somewhat strange that 1) he did not have the moral courage to be identified and 2) that the media didn't demand it. Suffice it to say, Randy does NOT run the Club like Doug Ellis...and that is not critical of either. Randy has his hands on the Club but he also allows his People to flourish.

4. villaajax: Hold on to them.

5. Laursen: We all are gutted. What a leader...smart, selfless, caring....a real superstar. We will miss him. I can promise you, he will get a good send off!!

OK - General - I will be stumping over £700 tomorrow - for 2 season tickets ......my request.....how about a different photo on the cover of the matchday programme for each game (we could even start with a picture of yourself ...from your army days if you like)

Seriously my lads we wowing over old programmes - especially the front covers ....any chance ?

Hi General, I have been thinking about how we can say goodbye to Martin Laursen and I think the most fitting tribute is that he walks out before the game to a guard of honour from the whole squad, is this a feasible idea ? He was the leader not only of the team but the whole club and I think he deserves this from the squad, club and the fans, very few of us I would imagine would have dry eyes.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, as our own season has petered out with barely a whimper, can you please express to the manager and players the absolute importance of giving us something tangible to cheer about next week..ie the possibility of 5th and the fact that we relegate the deluded Newcastle barcodes if we win. Us fans deserve a 90 minute peformance for once, plus it would give Martin Laursen the send off he deserves. Thank you for your input this season General.

ps please tell Randy to have that cheque book ready from May 25th!