Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

He did, he should have stepped up because that’s what we do 

Well yes, he followed when he shouldn't have, and didn't follow when he should have from that position :)

The only reason I'd like a result today is to stop the ill informed press giving quotes for the next 3 months along the lines of 'they are no where near Champions League standards- look at their results at the end of the season. Poor mentality.'

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One of their players jumps up to get the ball, misses it completely, and clatters Duran

Duran didn't have the ball either, but it's just a foul

They both went for the ball and collided. Not a foul in my book, let alone a penalty. 

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

The only reason I'd like a result today is to stop the ill informed press giving quotes for the next 3 months along the lines of 'they are no where near Champions League standards- look at their results at the end of the season. Poor mentality.'

Who cares though? If they say that with an entire starting 11 out injured then it’s best just to ignore them. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dunno what eveeyone else thinks but im glad lenglets leaving us. He hasnt impressed me at all

He doesn't impress me, but he's what, our 5th choice CB? 

Be nice if the spot went to one for the future though

• Like 1

Bit of a shame to be limping over the finish line like we are, last 5-6 games we haven’t even been performing like a mid table club. Taking the shine off a great season overall.

Result doesn’t matter but it still annoys me conceding inside ten minutes 😡

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Who cares though? If they say that with an entire starting 11 out injured then it’s best just to ignore them. 

Yeah I should, I know. But I can't help but be irrationally deeply irritated by it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

They both went for the ball and collided. Not a foul in my book, let alone a penalty. 

I'd like another look at it because another poster claimed the defender cleared the ball and I could have swore he missed it, so I'm in no place to confidently state anything :D 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dunno what eveeyone else thinks but im glad lenglets leaving us. He hasnt impressed me at all

He's been decent. Good and bad. I think he's been professional, but him leaving is fine. We can find better.

“ Looking forward to this, no pressure just sit back and enjoy, no need to get annoyed it doesn’t matter “

Reality, 

“wtf we are shite, f*****g bottlers, Chambers is a disgrace, if only EMI was playing, refs a biased w*****, VAR hate us etc etc etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

He doesn't impress me, but he's what, our 5th choice CB? 

Be nice if the spot went to one for the future though

He is 2nd choice to pau which for me is too close to comfort for me. I can s ee why spurs fans were glad he went back