• Bailey
    • Watkins
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 64)
    • Chambers (Luiz 79)
    • Durán (Zaniolo 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Said it in the match thread but I’m convinced we should attack the Holte first half, I’m sure when we had our great home run earlier in the season we started attacking the Holte first half

• Like 1

Really good fight showed from the team after some disappointing results and performances recently. Shame we couldn't win the game to seal top 4 but we've heaped pressure on Spurs now. I just hope they are unable to beat Man City because if it goes down to the last day it will be incredibly stressful, although if we play like we did last night we can beat Palace.

Tielemans made a huge difference coming back into the side. Duran didn't know much about his second goal but what an impact off the bench, in a few years time he could genuinely be a top class striker. I'm disappointed that Watkins is still stuck on 19 league goals, still no goal since gameweek 33 against Arsenal, I really hope he scores against Palace whether we need a result or not because I just want to see a Villa player score 20 league goals in a Premier League season. 

Zaniolo comes back and then gets injured after 15 minutes on the field, story of his time here, a real shame because his performance at Arsenal a few weeks ago was so good I thought he could have a positive end to the season and perhaps join us permanently. Doubt that happens now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Slow burn but worth a watch!! 🤣

Didn’t realise how many different types of Scouse accent there are 😂

• Haha 1

One other point, love to see bailey's passion, not afraid to tell it like it is, we need people like him, and I wouldn't have said that two seasons ago. Make him captain!

• Like 1

Great game of football. What a way to bring the curtain down on a fantastic home season at Villa Park.

Villa looking more like the early season version. Tielemans is making such a difference to the balance of the side.

Not sure how we did not win that with the quality of the chances we created.

So much to look forward to!

UTV

• Like 2

Had to be at the theatre last night. Interval comes...oh no 0-1 down. Then we equalise, yesssss!, but then they go ahead just as we go back in.

Play finishes... 1-3. Balls. 

Have a few drinks & snacks with theatre folk (it's a press night for the missus's work). Sneak another look at the score and let out a stifled shriek. 3-3 OMG! 

Head home on the tube reading the match thread knowing how it's going to end. 

Superb. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Been looking everywhere to see some footage of the gaffer, when the third went in. Nothing yet 

I’m guessing there will be Unai cam instead 

Edited by The_Steve

9 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

That result means we have gone the whole season without losing two league games on the spin. Remarkable achievement and says it all about the character now instilled in this squad.

A draw tonight was the least we deserved. Duran is getting most of the votes for MOTM and I can understand why but McGinn was superb and set the pace tonight. He was everywhere at times and ran himself into the ground. 

I thought the ref was a joke and let a lot of fouls go for Liverpool and pulled us up on everything. Not the first time we have taken something against 12 men though.

Factor the injuries and the fatigue. It’s an unbelievable stat. So much credit to Unai, his staff and the lads. We are in for an exciting summer and with big names coming back from injury, we will be stronger for these experiences and setbacks and achievements. 

• Like 1

Took me bloody ages to go to sleep last night. Absolutely knackered today. This is why I'd have been kinda fine with Europa, as at least the morning after is Friday! Bloody CL Tuesdays and Wednesdays will kill me!

On chances created, we should have won that, but two absolute sitters missed and a Diaby chance that he really should have scored but didn’t even hit the target.  I love how we can regularly cut through teams to carve out chances.

At the other end not so good.  Way too many individual errors, and conceding too many soft goals especially from set pieces.  We looked way more solid with Mings in there last season, but I guess we are really missing Kamara.

Digne’s form has dropped right off a cliff, all over the place last night.

Diaby – not his biggest fan,  his decent stats flatter some very poor performances up to last night.  But he was far more involved and making things happen.  If he can find some composure (see awful miss first half) and improve his decision making (trying to backheel to Bailey instead of shooting) I can see him being a real asset.    

And the ref – it’s the consistency, or lack thereof, isn’t it.  Absolutely nailed on McGinn would get a yellow for his first foul, albeit deserved, when Elliott/Salah/MacAllister had all done similar or worse without punishment.  And some of the soft fouls he was giving them, I despair sometimes.

Finally the crowd were noticeably very, very loud last night despite the setbacks.

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

One other point, love to see bailey's passion, not afraid to tell it like it is, we need people like him, and I wouldn't have said that two seasons ago. Make him captain!

You have to admire Watkins refused to take it further than necessary. He realises Bailey is just caught up in the moment, passionately!

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Watkins said he likes pineapple on his pizza and Bailey rightly goes off on him.

• Haha 1

Â