• Bailey
    • Watkins
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 64)
    • Chambers (Luiz 79)
    • Durán (Zaniolo 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Insane match. Above all, the result means that Spurs must beat Man City. Otherwise, there will never be enough BBC MOTD episodes to analyse events, officials, VAR, injuries, missed goal chances, etc.

Frankly just a chaotic end of season game. With the way momentum shifted and the chances wasted it/mistakes made could just as well have been 5-5, or 1-5, or 5-1.

Great to see Duran playing a starring role, he's had a pretty bitty season overall, hopefully next season plays a bigger role. if he can add more all-round play and understanding with teammates while keeping that unpredictable edge, he'll be some player.

Bailey was impressive again, for the most part and would edge Motm for me, though clearly Duran's impact at the end was crucial. 

Hopefully tomorrow seals the deal and can have another mad high scoring game with Palace knowing that result doesn't matter. 

2 things turned the game.

The crowd

2 subs in Chambers and Duran

Chambers was aggressive in his play and won the ball a good few times, something doug didn't do and had ran out of steam.

Duran took the shot, something we seem scared to do.

Martinez made some good stops and I'm slightly baffled by their 2nd which was offside unless you draw the lines wonky which is what they did.

Duran gets my motm but mcginn battled like he can Bailey didn't stop and as mentioned Chambers brought more fight than was previously out there.

Won't mention the few poor performances as the draw almost feels like a win.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

lol don’t do that to yourself. There are about a dozen things that if only they were slightly different…

Haha, yeah, but ... :)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I thought we played well tonight, and deserved at least a point.

Shoot me if you like, but I actually like Pau and Torres at the back.

Positives...attitude, fight, desire, can't coach that

Bailey and Diaby kept going

Tielemans was very good

Watkins always a handful

I would be absolutely amazed if we don't get Top 4 now, be really interesting to see what Unai does

UTV

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Great game. It felt like watching the wheels fall off in slow motion, everything that could go wrong seemed like it did, with 20 to go I was finally resigned to it not being our day and Liverpool comfortbly closing it out. If Emi hadn't had one of his rare bloopers who knows what could have happened, but I think that was genuinely a remarkable performance for that stage of the season with where we were at Olympiakos and Brighton. The point and avoiding any hit to the GD could be important, but more than anything we look like we could actually put on a performance at Palace.

Gutted that Watkins' 20th was chalked off in such frustrating fashion. A lot went wrong for Diaby but he never stopped running, carried the ball forward very well for the equaliser and was still tracking back like a madman at the death.

Was annoyed at the ref a lot of the 50:50s and off the ball warfare. The big decisions were probably all correct, including Diaby getting seemly shoved into an offside position in front of Tielemans' goal.

Who had "Calum Chambers assist" on the betting slip?

• Like 1

I have this theory that every team has to have a mad bastard quotient. Now Bertie has gone- Jhon 'Mad Bastard' Duran, take a bow, son.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, stewiek2 said:

If that doesn't give them a buzz for the Palace game then nothing will.

Like Polly on the Sybian when big Tom Wankner buys her an orange squash.

• Haha 4

Â