Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I don't mind losing,  but there has to be aggression,  intensity, and pressure seen little of that since the start of the month. Injuries are a side that team is good enough  to get a result. Injuries shouldn't be an exuse. Need leadership to who's going to stand up.

Why wasn't there a prematch press conference and injury update ?.

I think, that's what the lack of energy effects most....We have to match them, or I fear the worst.

I am no expert on it, so I have to accept, that's what's contributing to the flat performances.

I also wonder, if our passive play, has contributed to the injuries? not saying it has, but they do say, paradoxically,  challenge hard and there is less likely of injury.

I don't expect any favours tonight, it's just not in their DNA, to do anything but fight for a win......It's been the story of their club, since Shankly.

We will do well, to get anything, from tonights game.

Edited by TRO

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think, that's what the lack of energy effects most....We have to match them, or I fear the worst.

I am no expert on it, so I have to accept, that's what's contributing to the flat performances.

I also wonder, if our passive play, has contributed to the injuries? not saying it has, but they do say, paradoxically,  challenge hard and there is less likely of injury.

I don't expect any favours tonight, it's just not in their DNA, to do anything but fight for a win......It's been the story of their club, since Shankly.

We will do well, to get anything, from tonights game.

It shouldn't be in our DNA to expect "Favours." I was quite crestfallen after the defeat to the  Bubble and Squeaks last week, but, as some wise man once said, "It's from adversity that you learn your best lessons." We are only going in one direction with this manager, that's enough to lift one out of the doldrums. It would be great to seal CL qualification tonight and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we did, such is the mentality this manager has instilled in these players. 

We still have some way to go, but, just like with Saunders, you sense that determination to reach the destination. 

Come on me Babbys!!!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

I'd guess:

------------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Konsa------------Carlos----------Torres----------Digne

-----------------------Luiz---------Iroegbunam--------------

Cash---------------------------------------------------McGinn

--------------------Diaby-------------------------------------------

-----------------------------Watkins------------------------------

Subs: Olsen, Gauci, Lenglet, Kesler-Hayden, Kellyman, Young, Duran, Patterson, Monroe.

Hopefully that's a bit pessimistic and we'll have one or two fit enough to strengthen that, with Bailey I guess the most likely.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think they are going to turn us over pretty comfortably unless a few players can find second wind suddenly

I'm not even sure it's just about energy, we've run out of players.

Its hard to predict this one as we are not certain who is available or not, without a lineup its up in the air, we need the crowd under the bright lights to be loud as ever, this will help us get over the line and we are due a win against this lot BADLY 🫡

UTV!

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not even sure it's just about energy, we've run out of players.

Your right and that extra day probably helps us out more than we probably realise, we gotta leave it all out there tonight, Unai will drill it in them the importance of getting a result tonight 

• Like 1

I’ve got Watkins still left to play in FPL so hoping tonight’s the night for him to bag his 20th….seen us lose to many times to these at our place so hopefully we can bag the win! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Feeling quite optimistic about this, as the Liverpool mercenaries have nothing to play for, and couldn't care less.

My prediction is 23-0.

Ollie with a triple hat trick, hat tricks for Diaby and Leon, an own goal hat trick from van Dijk, a brace from Dougie scoring directly from corners, and goals from Emi, Ezri and Diego.

Klopp will be red carded and sent to the stands after releasing a sexually explicit, homophobic and quite racist tirade against his own players, banning him from the sideline for the final game of the season.

A thoroughly entertaining game in which the match highlights would run for 73 minutes. It becomes the most searched for video on Youtube for everybody who hates Liverpool.

Villa may take all three points, but everyone will concur that the real winner of the match, was football.

The 7-2 with Trezeguet running the show was probably more unlikely. 

• Like 1