Midweek Football 6/9 May

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Worse than Olsen? 👀 

I think he is. Can't pass it out or save shots down the middle. He's like an outfield player going in goal at this point. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Onana is the worst keeper in the league and I dont think its close.

Na, he’s kept the score down in loads of matches. Man U face the most shots of any team other than Sheffield and Onana keeps them in matches week after week. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do we still think we can beat these (CP) easily if we have to? 😱

Edited by Hev

1 minute ago, Hev said:

Do we still think we can beat these (CP) easily if we have to? 😱

Man U have been useless, they have next to no defence. It's not palace looking amazing.

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Na, he’s kept the score down in loads of matches. Man U face the most shots of any team other than Sheffield and Onana keeps them in matches week after week. 

And yet he can’t even get a hand to a shot from 25 or so yards which he has a clear sight of and which barely moves from the middle of the goal. 

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the goal that was disallowed again, I think they've got that one right - Holjund is nowhere near the ball and affects the keepers ability to deal with it - I hadn't really had a good look at it when it happened and had assumed he'd nudged the keeper and touched the ball - he doesn't get within about a foot of it.

He doesn’t foul the keeper, though. If that’s a defender rather than a goalkeeper, a foul is never being given. It’s incredibly soft. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And yet he can’t even get a hand to a shot from 25 or so yards which he has a clear sight of and which barely moves from the middle of the goal. 

Before this match Man U had conceded fewer goals than we had and it’s not down to their amazing defence. Whenever I’ve watched them it’s been Onana making reflex saves. I guess when you’re facing so many shots each match you’re bound to make a few mistakes though. 

Edit: I had a quick check and Onana has a save percentage of over 75% in the Premier League apparently. That compares with 66% for Emi Martinez. Not a complete analysis but he’s certainly not the worst keeper in the league, not by a long way. 

Edited by LondonLax

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Before this match Man U had conceded fewer goals than we had and it’s not down to their amazing defence. Whenever I’ve watched them it’s been Onana making reflex saves. I guess when you’re facing so many shots each match you’re bound to make a few mistakes though. 

“A few mistakes” is some understatement.

In just his last 3 games, he’s passed the ball to the opposition to score (against Sheff Utd), given away a daft penalty to concede 2 points (Burnley) and now not made a relatively basic save (granted, no impact on the result).

They’ve conceded 15 in their last 6 and that includes Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Burnley and Palace.

Their defence is pretty wank and Onana is a big part of that, even if he makes some saves sometimes. 

Â