Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If that’s the case then it is what it is. I didn’t see him touch the ball though but I could be wrong.

I think there was only 2 replays and I genuinely couldnt tell either way, it was really close 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Put the youngsters in because almost everybody else is injured so had to fill the bench.

Agreed.

We're down to two established midfielders. Maybe you can get away with playing one player out of position, but not two. At some point, you have to go with what you have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

I don't think that passes forward are failing because of a lack of options up front, which is what bringing on Duran would do. I think it's because we're exhausted and have a shoestring and spit constructed midfield that is also exhausted.

I’ve just seen at least 5 times now where Diaby or Bailey have broken forward along the sideline and instead of chucking it up over their backline it gets passed backwards. Aka what Dunk has done with Adingra. We used to do that all the time when the team was flowing more.

Oh my. Has there 3ver been an illustration of the absence ov our midfield than that ball across the box then with no one anywhere near it?