Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Exhaustion has nothing to do with not being able to play a 5 yard pass without trying to put your team mate in hospital 

Dougie constantly under hitting the ball while Lucas Digne over hits his passes resulting in the receiving player not being able to control the ball.

Some of them look like they're running on fumes, no energy to the performance again. Watkins, Bailey and Diaby have been anonymous, but getting nothing to work with because we cant keep the ball in their half of the pitch for more than 5 seconds 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I'm abroad so can't see the game. 1 shot and no possession looks bad though. Are we playing as bad as stats saying?

Just a lack of urgency and some untidy work as we move forward. 

Olsen made a very good save. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I'm abroad so can't see the game. 1 shot and no possession looks bad though. Are we playing as bad as stats saying?

Just a lack of urgency and some untidy work as we move forward. 

Olsen made a very good save. 

3 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

He hasn't. Just had a bad game midweek. Who else should play there btw?

Not just midweek the CM area has looked miles worse since Kamara went out. Not his fault, he's not a CM and Dougie isn't a DM. I'd have put Tim in to allow McGinn to go back to RM/LM where he can get further forward and into the 10 position.

Need a rocket lift the intensity top 4 the goal we're so close. We lack leadership no one to take hold of the game was issue on Thursday. 

Biggest surprise in the first half was Watkins fluffing that chance. The confidence he's been playing with this year you expect him to at least get a shot away. He looks frustrated - and knackered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Terrible first half. Sometimes I think the way we slow the game down and allow the opposition to get back into shape hinders us so one games, this being one of them. 

This.  I don't understand why we mess around at a snail's pace at the back so much.  When we up the tempo and attack, we're bloody good at it.  This team played City and Arsenall off the pitch... I think there's an overall issue with fitness levels.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Absolutely not. We can still get a result here. 

You don't think he would help us get a result? Our midfield is poor.

the only two people playing in this game is their kid on their left and Olsen.  Poor first half by us, Brighton the better team.

There’s limping over the line and then there’s this. We look absolutely finished. 

We need favours from Liverpool and City because I don’t think we’re going to help ourselves. 

• Like 1