Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

He's obviously not shit, you're just posting for effect.

He is, however, playing like someone who doesn't want to be there, which is **** unforgivable for me. This may be a Mickey Mouse competition in the grander scheme of European stuff but it's our first euro semifinal in 42 years. Man wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye down the favelas back then. He could stand to show a little respect for the club, pride in the badge, etc.

Been a passenger since Christmas.

It speaks volumes that our best performance of recent months happened when he was suspended.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

The penalty is a shocker 

Maybe a yellow card for the foul on bailey

Other than that he's not been that bad, the shirt pull for our disallowed goal was really soft but it happened 

But that said... **** me that penalty decision is a shocker 

I honestly think it's a tangle/coming together rather than a foul. 

Very surprised it didn't go to VAR but can totally understand the ref's view in the (very fast paced) moment. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don’t know. Just trying to figure out why they would’ve disallowed that.

I don't know, I don't think the refs do either! It should have set least been checked by var 

• Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

But that said... **** me that penalty decision is a shocker 

With these kind of decisions, I tend to give the on field ref a bit of leeway. He sees it in real time, from one angle, with **** knows what else he's trying to keep an eye on.

VAR not checking it is absolutely scandalous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's not " HATE " whatsoever, he's been doing shit things.

It's that simple.

No he's been getting a lot of hate. Both him and McGinn have been poor but they've also been isolated in midfield for large part of the game with a lack of movement in front of them. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Missed the first half but baffled by this decision. Shirt pull is 50/50 at best. The defender just takes a tumble needlessly

The officiating has been atrocious so far.

• Like 1

I was taking a dump when we got a goal back.  I'll neck some Naga Ghost Pepper sauce from the bottle and run back another three times, 4-2 should do it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Of course he wants to be there. Don't be ridiculous yourself after criticising someone else PFE.

His calm approach and demeanor can be a strength and a weakness, the latter particularly in that it invites criticism when he's off form. 

I've been massively frustrated at him for a while but some of the overreaction is a joke. And besides, we don't have other options lately!

Us not having other options, how does that excuse someone playing poorly?

That penalty decision is one of the worst I’ve seen. 

The call that disallowed our first goal was wrong IMO but I can understand why he made it. 

The pen was malpractice. Unimaginably bad. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

There is some hate for him in this thread, but the majority of us I would assume would totally agree with that summation

Don't think we are trying to say he's " shit ".

He just hasn't been any where near his best for a while imo.

He's even cocking up the simplest of things recently, which isn't like him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We complain about the refs in the Prem a lot but most of the refs we've had in this competition have been complete garbage. 

I think all referees are bad at all levels. They peaked with Collina and have gone down hill ever since. I’d like to see referees banished from the game and no rules football come in. Everything is fair if there are no rules. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Apart from not stepping up. Idiot 

ref is seriously bad. Giving them everything and us nothing, even stopping our attacks 

He did step up. Just not far enough 

1 minute ago, smg said:

If you are serious and not taking the piss sorry to burst your punditry bubble but Chambers isn’t on the f******g bench , I don’t think he’s even registered in the squad but you know best.

Ah 

Right

Sorry.  So we have zero options other than Tim. Explains it then