Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I hate everything they represent. 

I really, really want us to win this with a few more goals. Chelsea are footballing poison. 

• Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

Palmer stole it from Rogers, actually

Both stole it from an NBA player - Trae Young. The social media accounts are running with the the fact he’s stole it from Palmer though lol

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Win here, third is on.

We can't make 3rd can we? Wouldn't Liverpool have to lose every game and we score 20 goals in 3 games? 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Palmer is quoted as saying he started doing that celebration after seeing Rogers do it at Boro.

Link?
(I'm not doubting you, I just would find it funny and would save that for certain friends of mine)

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Palmer is quoted as saying he started doing that celebration after seeing Rogers do it at Boro.

Yeah Darren Bent on BEIN just corrected the commentator and said that Palmer actually stole it from Rogers.

I was very concerned about Torres lack of pace before the game started but noted that Villa have dropped back 10 yards since the cup game against Chelsea.

Emery has learned from that game so there's very little space for Chelsea to run into through the middle.

Although Chelsea have had more possession it's generally in front of Villa and with two exceptions Villa have been comfortable.

Roger's goal was cool.

I just hope Villa don't sit back on a two goal lead again and push for the killer third as Chelsea certainly have a goal in them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Absorbing that pressure l like ****, yet we seem to be doing it on energy saving mode… barely running around or chucking in rash tackles. 

All to hit them on quick breaks. What they are struggling to handle 

smart play from our boys. 

Saving ourselves for Olympiakos. Chelsea are small fries. From "they should be wiping the floor with us" to this. How far we've come.

• Like 1

Is it weird to say that I'm slightly dissapointed in the performance even though we're 2-0 up? Passing seems a bit off to me. Wer're clearly setup in a low block because of their pace but we have a lot of threat on the counter

6 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

2-0, and largely comfortable....

.... but I can't shake the Brentford feeling.

Are we still the best team in the League for points dropped from winning positions? 

Not sure us fans will ever drop this dread no matter how much Unai changes us

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

We can't make 3rd can we? Wouldn't Liverpool have to lose every game and we score 20 goals in 3 games? 

If we win we're 6pts behind

• Like 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

If Liverpool lose 3 and we win 3 (if we win today) then we get 3rd by 3 points. We won’t get 3rd though imo. 

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Win this boys and could be effectively season over if spurs fail to win tomorrow. Got to be motivation enough for them. It would be great to put all our effort into europe then. 

Still all about Chelsea imo 

We win tonight, spurs lose next week then stick a fork in it

• Like 1